All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: official red bull reply
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:10 am 
Rare Poster

I hope it will be new, and minimum useful.

Here is Sergio - Red Bull King of the Air - Catangalli's answer to my what about Dimitri letter. IMO it's very handsome PR.
(So i have to practise my basic board-offs on my own. :D )

Sorry for the delated reply, here is Sergio Cantagalli, event sportive director.
thank you for your interest in the Red Bull King of the Air, and even more for you precious note that, personally, I think very constructive to future consideration, as is part of my job to ensure that any sportive aspect and the philosophy of this event are correctly tuned.

Here following I will try answer your mail with the hope to satisfy your doubts, but please allow me a quick preface.

The concept of the event is far from a common freestyle/big air competition, we are looking to build a specific lab of kiteboarding where to improve innovation, technique, promote more aspect of the sport by pushing it to limit, and to be able to do so we need to guarantee best names with best knowledge and skill, of the world together.
It is not just a competitions, riders will leave a 3 weeks ultimate experience, head to head, sharing time and developing equipment, strategies, getting ready for act at the right moment.

So, best riders in the world, yes, but at the same time a full-open eye on young guns and unknown talents someone out there; reason why we proposed and introduced the video contest, with great success (over 60 appliers each year) from all over the world.
This can give the chance to anyone with the requested skill to participate, and perhaps to enlarge our fleet, to promote the discipline, the sport, ..and so on.
Unfortunately, as for several reason, spots available for the final are limited to 8, and out of those, we need to guarantee at the event high standard riders, not only in terms of show but also considering the safety aspect.

New for the 2015 edition, to involve public and help building-up good vibe toward the event, was adding a "public vote" to the final of the Video Contest (Note: Public vote count only for final).
As anyone can easily pilot a "Like" voting we wanted to make sure the best video were in the final, reason why selection (top 10) was previously made form our prestigious event committee.
Public vote, by "LIKE", open last saturday 22/11 and will end monday 08/12, is the only one that count to select top 8 riders to final (not previous votes were considered).

Binging Dimitri Maramenides to subject, as from your notes I suppose of your interest, It must be said that Dimitri did very well trough the entire contest, his video was pretty much in-line with the committee demanding and the judging criteria, based mostly on:
EXTREME BIG AIR as high jumps, skill and combinations of moves, kite loops, angle of the kite, length in the air, control, landing. Other important aspect/keywords: innovation, risks, power, variety. (not related to low freestyle trick).
All figures that our 9 international committee members could also spot on Dimitri's video, shame to tell thad he ended 11th (80 pts), out of the top-10 selection, with just 2 point different from Tieme Rietvild (78 pts), after a very tight battle between the two, and other riders, as any competition has a final ranking to respect.

No doubts on the skill, knowledge and the reputation on our International Committee and the judging procedure, we're proud to have important names, if not legends of the kiteboarding shene involved in the project.
No industry involvement, no limitation in age, but surely up to date with what is the sport, and in specific this discipline demanding.

Best regards

Sergio Cantagalli
Red Bull King of the Air
info@redbullkingoftheair.co.za
http://redbullkingoftheair.co.za

undefined

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: official red bull reply
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Awesome response from RB.
Sad for Dimitri
But, now he does not need to spend X amount of $ for traveling to S Africa.
Hey, Another idea:
Once The event is over, we have him copy each move and hang time in a clip by clip comparison .
And not just him, anyone is welcome to proof their kahoones .
Could be fun to watch, no?

PS: Dimitri: You rock and will for a long time . Keep it up ! :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Thank you Sergio for the reply, appreciated.

You already received my feedback and from others, so please consider those and make sure the committee gives it a thought and wildcats will be given to make sure you have the best show on the water. This is what the kite world wants. The bigger the show the better.

Your call ! And never mind the Hellenic temper ;-)

Good luck for the event!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:18 pm 
Frequent Poster

Give it up for fucks sake!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

Pretty clear reply. Now let it go.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm 
Medium Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:53 am 
Medium Poster

What are we giving up? Enlighten me, please. The ghost? Sergio just summed up all of our complaints in a nice clean letter and said: OK, guys, what you ask is what we got. You gonna take his word for it or will you wait and see if the event really delivers it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:10 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Not to pick on a young gun, but Tieme's video showed one railey and one HP, bunch of garden variety kiteloops...
I would be impressed if I could do them, ha ha!
But from a pro, not that interesting compared to some others' riding, dimitri's included.
Maybe it's dimitris fault for not filling the vid with storm footage.
But obviously this is redbull as a boarding school for future redbuill employees, it's not legitimately "King of the air" air any more, even if they paid for the name.
Probably still watch it though :roll:

They would get more respect if they let in another 8 that were not part of their finishing school. Could validate their approach, or not.,.

Hypothesis: the 8 riders groomed by red bull will fare no better in a contest than 8 other top riders.

Red bull I dare you to reject the hypothesis!
It would be easy for the contest to include 16, half from outside your program!
Prove it means something, if you aren't afraid...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 am 
Frequent Poster

:duh:
BWD wrote:
Not to pick on a young gun, but Tieme's video showed one railey and one HP, bunch of garden variety kiteloops...
I would be impressed if I could do them, ha ha!
But from a pro, not that interesting compared to some others' riding, dimitri's included.
Maybe it's dimitris fault for not filling the vid with storm footage.
But obviously this is redbull as a boarding school for future redbuill employees, it's not legitimately "King of the air" air any more, even if they paid for the name.
Probably still watch it though :roll:

They would get more respect if they let in another 8 that were not part of their finishing school. Could validate their approach, or not.,.

Hypothesis: the 8 riders groomed by red bull will fare no better in a contest than 8 other top riders.
Red bull I dare you to reject the hypothesis!
It would be easy for the contest to include 16, half from outside your program!
Prove it means something, if you aren't afraid...

No! :closed: :closed:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

:p

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next