Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

stiff chicken dick

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

stiff chicken dick

Postby matth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Okay so I had a little fun with the title.
I just picked up my new Rebels, bar looks even nicer in person. Just checking to see how others hook in with north chicken loop and dick. On my OR and Cab bars I would hook in and then bend the chicken dick to fit in under the hook to lock in. With the North bar it seem like the dick is very stiff and not pliable. Should I put the dick in first and then with loop open go above dick and reset safety. That way seems fine and gets you using your safety more which seems like a good thing....Please advise

I sure hope my wife does not read this thread.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Gear: Blade
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: stiff chicken dick

Postby Motion » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:31 pm

so you are complaining about your dick beeing to stiff?
yup your wife better does not read this thread. :D :D

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Motion wrote:so you are complaining about your dick beeing to stiff?
yup your wife better does not read this thread. :D :D
if your dick is too stiff just replace it. You can buy some high pressure hose at the hardware store, go look around and find some hose that is nice and soft just the way you like it, then unscrew the old dick (there's only one screw) and screw in your brand new dick. Problems of too hard of a chicken dick, solved and it should only cost you $2 worth of tubing. As for myself I prefer my chicken dicks extremely hard so it doesn't come out accidentally and forcefully bend it to hook into the spreader bar. But it's all personal preference. There's no reason you should suffer a stiff chicken dick when what you want is a soft one.

I also want to nominate this for the "Stupid Question" award not sure if the question is stupid, but it does deserve a nomination.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

okay , I guess this was a stupid question. I just put my harness on and locked in no problem.
When I was checking out the new bar last night it just did not seem it would ever bend into place. Should have done a dry run first. Lesson learned

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 pm

matth wrote:okay , I guess this was a stupid question. I just put my harness on and locked in no problem.
When I was checking out the new bar last night it just did not seem it would ever bend into place. Should have done a dry run first. Lesson learned
Yeah the Best one is similar, seems like you'd never be able to get it to flex enough to get in there - but it does. It beats the super flexy ones though, I've had my loop pop off with the donkey dick in before while riding down a wave, and that wasn't much fun when you're not expecting it

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 pm

My ocean rodeo popped out all the time also. Cabrinhas never came out. This North one looks solid.

Bigdog
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Style: Old and grey surfer dude style
Gear: Core xr5 and windego boards
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 am

For a while Cabrinha came off a lot for some riders. I forgot what year...2010 or 11. But more of a problem of rider pulling in like a windsurfer than the chicken dick.....:)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 am

matth wrote:Okay so I had a little fun with the title.
I just picked up my new Rebels, bar looks even nicer in person. Just checking to see how others hook in with north chicken loop and dick. On my OR and Cab bars I would hook in and then bend the chicken dick to fit in under the hook to lock in. With the North bar it seem like the dick is very stiff and not pliable. Should I put the dick in first and then with loop open go above dick and reset safety. That way seems fine and gets you using your safety more which seems like a good thing....Please advise

1. It's a donkey dick not a chicken stick dick or whatever.
2. Good for you figuring out how your dick works...

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Clew In » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Laughingman wrote:
matth wrote:Okay so I had a little fun with the title.

1. It's a donkey dick not a chicken stick dick or whatever.
2. Good for you figuring out how your dick works...
I think you have it asswards bakards! I believe the chicken stick was first used because you where chicken shit to use one. At least that is perception; however, I was not there and maybe some of the ones that came up with the term will get it straight.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Now this is a conversation worth having! Lol. Im pretty sure a chicken's dick would be too small.

Return to “Kitesurfing”