Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Has or will Fukushima affect Pacific riders?

Forum for kitesurfers
tantrum25
Rare Poster
Style: all
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Has or will Fukushima affect Pacific riders?

Postby tantrum25 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Just wondering what the riders in Maui think about the situation.

Are the radiation levels too low for any potential harm to kiters and swimmers?

Has anyone noticed any changes in the wildlife/nature/beaches at your local spots?

Cheers

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Re: Has or will Fukushima affect Pacific riders?

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Nope.

And before someone comes with that retarded image of "the radiation leakage through out the pacific" Its not actually a picture that demonstrates it. Its about waves or tsunamis. thats why the index is in Meters or some other length indication.

Anti nuclear people and enviroment groups have spilled an enormous amount of lies on the internet. Sure it aint the prettiest thing.. but its not as bad as they try to make it for their own benefits.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Be careful Geronimo, we all don't know it.
For sure this thing is something bad...how bad no one knows and I really bad the Japanese wouldn't tell...

I hear about dying animals in the Alaska areas.
Can be another cause...but, we don't know yet.

Supposedly the radiation will hit California in March...and then make it's way to Hawaii.

Fingers crossed for nature!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Toby you show exactly what green/anti nuclear propoganda has achieved. You dont know anything about it yet you are conditioned to assume and connect stuff that most likely isnt connected.

Now with this ofcourse its not great what has happened but the continuous exacuration about it is BS.

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:34 pm

If you glow in the dark maybe you can kite at night :thumb:

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:

Toby you show exactly what green/anti nuclear propoganda has achieved. You dont know anything about it yet you are conditioned to assume and connect stuff that most likely isnt connected.

Now with this ofcourse its not great what has happened but the continuous exacuration about it is BS.
Sorry bro but this dude didn t convince me at all !
Didn t give any real info and keep saying that this is nothing compare to the total amount of water....etc.
Sounds more like a commercial for Nuclear plants to me.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:02 pm

You may believe that. The fact is and stays people are getting spammed with massive amounts of information from bias sources. Just today i had 2 feeds from people about the cure for cancer and what scientist dont want you to know. Which ofcourse is BS.

I've seen the image behind the guy in the video several times its not even about radiation polution but everybody believes it because ooow the enviroment.. it has become a trigger word to shut down critical thinking.

Again i'm not saying nothing is wrong there. But the over exacuration you see comming from bias sources is getting insane.

Actually its not pro nuclear at all, but nuclear still is and will be for a long time to come, the best most efficient and cleanest forms of energy. Sure dont build on an active vault..
But again people are getting conditioned about stuff like that.

TommyDelly
Medium Poster

Postby TommyDelly » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Geronimo talks about propaganda and than post the most useless video, which is nothing else than propaganda xD Who is this guy is he some expert on this subject, maybe an expert like you Geronimo? You post a video of some punk douchebag journalist who clearly has no credible info just useless BS, but hey your not brainwashed at all :thumb:

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:13 pm

When I was a young lad they said that "you can't pollute the ocean...it's too big". I have spent a lot of time on the oceans and fresh waters since I was young and I thought about this every day and wondered..."how stupid can people really be to believe that???"

That was around the time Jacques Cousteau was doing a lot of his first films to argue this point...and as we all know he was right...we have fucked up the ocean (and most other bodies of fresh water) real good. Plastic, toxins, oil slicks, dead zones, coral reefs vanishing....this is not just a bunch of hype generated by ecological nut jobs.

To say that Fukishima will not have a negative impact on biodiversity seems counter-intuitive. Of course many people who are directly effected will be in denial, many of the people responsible are in denial, many of the people who stand to lose financially around the Pacific Rim are in denial. That's a basic human response when things are really messed up with their life, marriage, health, government, and now the planet.

The really bad effects of the Fukishima disaster may not be realized for 10-20 years when people start getting really sick. Of course, if you think this is all hogwash, that's your choice. But just how stupid can we be to destroy our own environment. It's a pretty pathetic human trait.

southflorida
Medium Poster
Style: flat water, go fast, practice tricks

Postby southflorida » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Wikipedia has a page on background radiation, and lists radiation levels we are all exposed to from various sources. Better stop breathing and eating now if you are concerned with minuscule amounts from accidents like Fukushima...

Some say wiki is biased...but surely the anti-nuke folks watch this page carefully and would scream loudly if numbers were erroneous:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_radiation

Ever fly over an ocean for hours and hours in a window seat and stare down at the vastness of the ocean? Watch a movie, take a nap and wake up to more of the same? You are only about 7 miles high and see only a very small ribbon of ocean as you fly. The Pacific is on average over 4000 meters deep. That's a heck of lot of water to dilute anything with.

Return to “Kitesurfing”