Spleene Spx 10,5m
Jaime pro 135 2011
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Park 2013 quiver

Postby foraviler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi all!

I got a naish park 2013 quiver (14-10-8) recently and I dislike two things about them.

I have an universal naish bar and its depower system with a cleat is horrible, often gets stuck. The chicken loop has released four times trying unblock the depower line on the cleat. the naish´s dealer is looking for if it´s possible to get a ATB system depower and change it.

But my biggest problem is when I trying unhooked tricks. If I loose the bar, the yellow safety line is on and it depowers completely the kite. the kite turns on itself and crosslink the lines and I must go out of the wáter. I looking for about naish´s "suicide mode", but I´m not convinced any of them; the most safety mode I thought it was attach the leash at the safety line and chickenloop at the same time but it puts the leash ring on the middle of chickenloop and depower the kite by depower line on the cleat too.

Does Anybody know how I could attach it for not depowered every time?

Does anybody happen about the kite reversed on itself?

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:12 pm

If you attach the leash to the safety line (yellow) and then clip it to the chickenloop you have a classic suicid mode with the option to fully flag the kite.
With the below the bar trim the depower has long way to travel if you push the stopper really up or remove it. If you are not totally overpowered that depower range usually already is enough to depower the kite so it comes down.

foraviler
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mallorca Island
Style: freeride
Gear: cabrinha switchblade 14m 2012
Spleene Spx 10,5m
Jaime pro 135 2011

Postby foraviler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 pm

I haven´t understood your words. What do you mean? Should I use the ball stopper in lightly or moderately wind conditions below? Would not the kite turn on itself?

Best regards.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 am

Odd with the depower. If you have problems I sugges making sure you can move it before you go out, and when you want to depower move the kite slightly higher...

For the suicide mode, just attach your leash in the ring on the depower line. This is obviously not recommended for beginners. Keep it on the yellow when you launch and land.

:-)
a.

foraviler
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mallorca Island
Style: freeride
Gear: cabrinha switchblade 14m 2012
Spleene Spx 10,5m
Jaime pro 135 2011

Postby foraviler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm

tautologies wrote:Odd with the depower. If you have problems I sugges making sure you can move it before you go out, and when you want to depower move the kite slightly higher...

For the suicide mode, just attach your leash in the ring on the depower line. This is obviously not recommended for beginners. Keep it on the yellow when you launch and land.

:-)
a.
Hi again!

Tautologies, the depower sometimes works well, I only use the depower cleat on the water, my main spot has a road 40-50 meter away and I don´t want the kite on the road (too many times the someone´s kite lands there unfortunately). I told that the depower line often is blocked on the depower cleat, doing moves for unblocking the depower line, the chicken loop releases.

I read some post that attaching the leash in the depower ring, the depower line wears down faster...

I will try the Dirk´s advice about put below the stopper ball to see if the kite keeps in the air with a marginal power (not as fully depowered with the long depower line that it has universal naish bar)

I hope to try soon and comment you how it works.

Best regards,

Michael.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:00 pm

What I wanted to say is that the Naish Bar has such a long depower line that if you let the bar go, the kite depowers such a lot that it comes down. So if you just hook the safety into the chicken loop and let everything go the kite should be pretty well depowered (if your are not totally overpowered but then you would probably not unhook).
But you have to make sure that the stopper is pushed all the way up or remove it.

Hooking the safety leash into the yellow safety line and then into the chicken loop adds the option that you can completly flag the kite to the centre line a) if you are hooked in and need to release the chicken loop b) if you unhooked, lost the kite, crash it into the water and want to flag it (you have to get back to the QR by pulling in the safety leash, though).

bluecupra
Medium Poster

Postby bluecupra » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Update on this question. Earlier this week I purchased ad picked up a set of 2014 Parks in the sizes 11 and 8 with an 2014 universal bar (24 mtr lines).

Can't wait to go out on the water with them :D
Attachments
IMAG1257 (Large).jpg

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 am

AWESOME!!! You also got the magic sizes I see. The way that 8 loops...so much fun.

Pippi langsamer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Big Bay
Langebaan
Dolphin Beach
Shark Bay
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby Pippi langsamer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:17 pm

If your depower rope really is getting jammed in the cleat, then maybe considering attaching your leash to that isn't the best option!

(I own 2012 Parks and Cults previously, and have to say never had one "jam", on me. Sure, they take a knack to operate, but its not that hard).

WALoeIII
Rare Poster

Postby WALoeIII » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 am

foraviler wrote:Hi all!

I got a naish park 2013 quiver (14-10-8) recently and I dislike two things about them.

I have an universal naish bar and its depower system with a cleat is horrible, often gets stuck. The chicken loop has released four times trying unblock the depower line on the cleat. the naish´s dealer is looking for if it´s possible to get a ATB system depower and change it.

But my biggest problem is when I trying unhooked tricks. If I loose the bar, the yellow safety line is on and it depowers completely the kite. the kite turns on itself and crosslink the lines and I must go out of the wáter. I looking for about naish´s "suicide mode", but I´m not convinced any of them; the most safety mode I thought it was attach the leash at the safety line and chickenloop at the same time but it puts the leash ring on the middle of chickenloop and depower the kite by depower line on the cleat too.

Does Anybody know how I could attach it for not depowered every time?

Does anybody happen about the kite reversed on itself?

Thanks in advance.

Michael.
The yellow line is the flag line, it is designed to basically end the session.

If you want to try unhooked, you should move the stopper/slider all the way up (or take it off) and then launch on the beach with your leash in the yellow line. Once on the water, hook into the chicken loop and the yellow line. The bar should have enough throw that when you lose everything the kite will crash and move to the edge of the window. I also suggest you keep your leash attached to the front or side of your harness so you can "catch" it and reel it in if you miss the pass, I am often able to do this before the kite crashes. If you are getting too wrapped up get a longer leash, but I have been fine with the provided white Naish leash, I could see it becoming an issue if you can do double passes, but I think if you have that down you aren't my target audience.

Hooking the loop and the flag line at the same time gives you the option to blow your loop and go to the flag line if you get in a hairy situation (like tangled lines) and it will also keep the leash clip from hanging at the bottom of the loop which makes it easier to hook back in. The additional throw in the below-the-bar depower setup is why I much prefer this design for learning unhooked tricks, my kite almost always hits the water with the back lines slack when I miss instead of powering up the last bit of the fall as it gets to the edge of the window.

Attaching to the depower line is unnecessary, and in most cases, worse. The bar has so much throw your back lines are slack anyways, putting on all the depower isn't going to change much. In addition, after every crash you now have to reset your depower line before you can even launch the kite and you no longer have the option to grab the leash and quickly get back to your loop if you miss the pass but land on the board.

Ensure you have your lines setup correctly for unhooking, it should be basically impossible to backstall the kite even with the depower all the way out and the bar on the loop. I always move the back lines out to the ends of the knots on the bar ends, especially on older lines as the front lines creep (stretch) more than the back lines. If you aren't getting enough pop you need to work on your board skills and ride with more speed (which might mean a bigger kite), the kite is not used to initiate most unhooked tricks.

Return to “Kitesurfing”