All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: cabrinha vector 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm 
Rare Poster

Im thinking of buying one -having fallen for the marketing hype.Just wondered if anyone has used one yet?.Im looking at an 11m.I use switchblades at the mo but like the idea of 3 struts and a faster turning kite.Any views welcomed.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: cabrinha vector 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi i know switchblades and vector pretty well.

It all depends what you are looking for.
Vector has great lift and boost but switchblade is slightly better in that cause its one of the best out there in that.
Basically the vector as you said flies faster, its less of a train attached to like the switchblade which is a very powerful kite size by size (but also great depower).
I find the vector better in waves and for an all around kite is excellent. Switchblade just a bit better in hangtime and low end but with less speed, although the 2014 is the faster ive tried and more direct thanks to the low "V" in the lines.

You should test and figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:56 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Confirm what speedy is saying..
Not much Hipe, it does everything quite good but doesn't excel in anything.
Sit between the Switchblade and the Drifter..

This year I went from SB big size and Drifter small size to all Vectors!!
And they are much cheaper....
Bye Jankie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm 
Rare Poster

appreciate the replies.I think what appeals to me about the vectors is that they are billed as faster turning kites.Not that im complaining about switchblades-they are all i have ever used apart from learning on a convert.
Are either of you two at all disapointed about the vectors or do they live up to your expectations??
Regards Nick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

im a dealer of different brands, not only Cabrinha. Between all the models and brands i have the Vectors have been the nice revelation this season.

Honestly i did not expect much from it apart than being a good beginner kite and with the quality of cabrinha kites, that is why we choosed it as the school kite, not only it is easy for beginners and durable, it also is really good for all kind of styles and intermediate riders. I have ride it many times and never be dissapointed, honestly it is a great kite for all levels, all style of riding. Does it all very good, its not the best at anything, but when you are the best at one area you usually sacrifice a lot in the other areas (talk about a pure C kite for example).

If you are dissapointed please feel free to come here and punch me in the face haha, that is how sure i am of it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 pm 
Medium Poster

You have not told us about you and what you like to ride. The reason I say this, is that I think the Vector favors a smaller rider. Also compared to the SB the Vector is better all around, but the SB is a better flat water boost kite. I have vectors, SBs, and Drifters. I really like the Vectors in the small size 9 and below. Pretty much agree with what everyone said already. Great all around, easy, comfortable kite. But they are not the most powerful kites and prefer to be flown well powered up at the upper part of the wind range. So if you are a 200 lb+ guy or a "power" kiter, this may not be the kite for you. They are way better in the surf than the SB and comparable to the Drifter IMO. Once I am riding in 11m conditions and on flat water I would much prefer to be on a Switchblade for the power, range, and boost. If you will be riding the 11 a lot at the lower end of the range, then you may not enjoy it as much as the SB.

[ 6 posts ]