Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha replacement donkey dick / security pin

Forum for kitesurfers
dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha replacement donkey dick / security pin

Postby dragnfly » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:59 am

The donkey dicks on all 3 of my 2012 cabrinha bars have split in the middle after not much use. I'm having a hard time finding any shops in the uk stocking replacements and am looking for alternatives. Has anyone else had this issue, and have you found any decent replacement that lasts longer than a few sessions? Will a slingshot donkey dick fit my cabrinha bar?
Thanks

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Cabrinha replacement donkey dick / security pin

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 am

dragnfly wrote:The donkey dicks on all 3 of my 2012 cabrinha bars have split in the middle after not much use. I'm having a hard time finding any shops in the uk stocking replacements and am looking for alternatives. Has anyone else had this issue, and have you found any decent replacement that lasts longer than a few sessions? Will a slingshot donkey dick fit my cabrinha bar?
Thanks
??? Mine's lasted 2 years so far... you put them through your spreader bar, not chew on them :D

Get the part number, order from elsewhere. There are probably even unhooked riders who have spares hiding around.

The Cab ones have a velcro loop around the top, which I've not noticed on other brands...

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Cabrinha replacement donkey dick / security pin

Postby edt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

you can buy some high pressure hose of the right diameter cut it off to the right size will cost about 25 cents it seems to be about the right stiffness for a donkey dick. there's nothing special about these things if you can find a way to attach it use whatever brand you like.

Also contact cabrinha they might give you some new ones it's not usual to go through that many.

Return to “Kitesurfing”