All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mystic Clickerbar 3.0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I bought a Mystic Majestic harness and the Clickerbar 3.0 does not hold. It pops open under only moderate loading.

I have done all the right stuff and checked it thoroughly. It is not user error. The locking mechanism does not work. I am not too concerned, I bought it from a good shop and I will be able to exchange it or get a refund.

My question is, has anybody used a Mystic harness with the Clickerbar 3.0 for a long time? Is it a reliable system? Should I just get a replacement Mystic harness or get something different with a more reliable and robust locking system?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Mystic Clickerbar 3.0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

is the 3.0 the newest one? I've been using the 2013 majestic for a few months and have had no issues. I haven't even had to tighten the straps again since I bought it, just click in and out. Must be something wrong with it, friends have been using mystic harnesses for years here and haven't heard of a single issue!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

OzBungy wrote:
I bought a Mystic Majestic harness and the Clickerbar 3.0 does not hold. It pops open under only moderate loading.

I have done all the right stuff and checked it thoroughly. It is not user error. The locking mechanism does not work. I am not too concerned, I bought it from a good shop and I will be able to exchange it or get a refund.

My question is, has anybody used a Mystic harness with the Clickerbar 3.0 for a long time? Is it a reliable system? Should I just get a replacement Mystic harness or get something different with a more reliable and robust locking system?

i have since the beggining.never had an issue.maybe its a material failure.they will change it for sure(spreader and pin)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

I have always two Mystic harness (one for summer and one for snowkiting) and I use the clicker 3.0 since it was available with no problem. We sell a lot of Mystic harness and never had a problem with the clicker 3.0 so feel confident to exchange it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I haven't had any issues with mine, but this thread from a while back shows quite a few failures:
http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2380921&hilit=clickerbar+3.0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:27 pm 
Frequent Poster

IS the Mystic better than the Neil Pryde quick release harness? Still no reply from Neil Pryde on a replacement I can buy for my failed quick release.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 pm 
Medium Poster

I have been using it for a while now and never had any issues with it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:42 pm 
Medium Poster

OzBungy wrote:

That is production issue and they have to change it. Starting with Clickerbar 2.0 they seemed to solve the problem. Firstly it appeared with the introduction of 1.0 when absolutely all clicker bars failed to work in the described way in may be one thousand harness of the first batches and they changed them all on warranty. Since then I always was afraid that my clicker bar would get opened accidentally in ride although with 2.0 it never happened. Nevertheless that system didn't seem reliable to me after numerous fails with 1.0 and I switched to the other brand.

[ 8 posts ]