Favorite Beaches: Ras Sudr
Style: big air
Gear: North Rebel 2012 9m, mystic harness, jaime pro board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Rebel vs North Evo

Postby kiteforlife » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:32 pm

i tried both kites (north evo and north rebel 9m) and i liked the north evo better because it doesn't take time to load up before a jump like north rebel and it has better hang time. however i feel like it has more bar pressure than then rebel which is a bit of a problem for me as i have tennis elbow. im also starting to do kiteloops and i want a kite that would be easier to kiteloop. i am not planning to unhook except maybe for raleys and thts it. so which kite do u advise for me to buy?

atomic-chomik
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The wild west
Style: Freeride/Surf
Gear: North Dice 8 and 10m
North Neo 12m
OR Prodigy 7m
OR Prodigy 9.5.
OR Prodigy 12m
2014 Rebel 5m and 8m
OR 17M Flite
OR Duke
Cabrinha Phenom 5'8

Re: North Rebel vs North Evo

Postby atomic-chomik » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:31 am

The Evo loops better, but ya higher bar pressure. I had a 2014 Evo, and really liked it but sold it. It was in my mind, a 4 line rebel without the Rebel attributes as in super stable, and massive range. The bar pressure was def and issue for me as well, you really need to trim that kite constantly to avoid excessive strain. I now am running an 8m rebel and swapped out my 11m evo for a 12m dice. The bar pressure was the clincher, tendonitis gets worse not better with too much strain.

Mo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Mono 2020 15m, 2020 Mono 11m, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 Rebel SLS 10m, 2021 Neo SLS 9m, 2020 Dice 9m, 2022 Dice 8m, 2022 Dice 7m, 2022 Neo SLS 5m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am

Hey man, I have been shuffling between NKB kites before I choose my gear for my long December vacation ))... The rebel is a boost kite especiallywhen over powered. when just powered, the Rebel does not give me the grunt I want. rebel for me is mellow unless it is 28 knots and I am on a 10m.

Dice was a great option for me especially that it loops fast. the Dice allows a bit of unhooked performance which is something you do not want to.

The EVO for me is an all rounder and hates it because I do not find a definition for this kite. As you say, a Rebel with bar pressure and less smooth than the Rebel.

The kite that did hit me in the face last Wednesday was the NEO2015. Got my jaws blown with the ease of kite loops, grunt for big air, super easy that gave me confidence to do my old tricks and was abusing her by the minute.

Decision made, NEO 7m-11m and Dice 9m for my Cape Town Trip :-)

See you buddy..

MO

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Mo wrote:Decision made, NEO 7m-11m and Dice 9m for my Cape Town Trip :-)

Hey Mo,

How is that 11m Neo? Feel like a big kite, or can you toss it around? I am moving from Rebels to Neos this year too and hate the 12m+ big kite feel of the Rebels. 11m was always really good. Is it the same with Neo?

thanks

Mo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Mono 2020 15m, 2020 Mono 11m, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 Rebel SLS 10m, 2021 Neo SLS 9m, 2020 Dice 9m, 2022 Dice 8m, 2022 Dice 7m, 2022 Neo SLS 5m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Neo 11m felt small for its speed :-) Loops very very very quick... faster than the Vegas.. Go for the 11m.
MO

kiteforlife
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Beach in Egypt, Ras Sudr
Favorite Beaches: Ras Sudr
Style: big air
Gear: North Rebel 2012 9m, mystic harness, jaime pro board
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteforlife » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 am

atomic-chomik wrote:The Evo loops better, but ya higher bar pressure. I had a 2014 Evo, and really liked it but sold it. It was in my mind, a 4 line rebel without the Rebel attributes as in super stable, and massive range. The bar pressure was def and issue for me as well, you really need to trim that kite constantly to avoid excessive strain. I now am running an 8m rebel and swapped out my 11m evo for a 12m dice. The bar pressure was the clincher, tendonitis gets worse not better with too much strain.
thank u, it is quite useful. i will wait for the north evo 2015 (which i heard should be out by next month), maybe they'll solve the issue of the bar pressure and if not then i'll probably go for the north rebel

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Mo wrote:Neo 11m felt small for its speed :-) Loops very very very quick... faster than the Vegas.. Go for the 11m.
MO
Sweet. Thank you!

Return to “Kitesurfing”