All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: My experience with F-one Customer Service
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:46 pm 
Medium Poster

I'll try to make this story as short as possible:

I have bought several Bandits second hand, B4s and B5s and I'm very happy with their performance. After a while the bars started corroding as described in many threads, for example this one: http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2374523&p=737199 (I didn't know about this when I bought them.)

Since I had bought them second hand I was aware that there was no guarantee, but I though what the hell, let's send my local distributor some pics and see what he says regarding a possible replacement. My main reason for doing this was safety, because I can imagine that a bar breaking under load during a session is not much fun...

13.11.2013 - I send him the pics of the corroded bar.
27.11.2013 - He replies and says that F-one replied that "the pics show slight discolourement, but that there is nothing wrong with the bar". The distributor says that F-one seems unaware of the problems (?) and ask me for some more info.
27.11.2013 - I send him the links to both english and french forums where the issues are described.
9.1.2014 - I contact the distributor again and ask if he has heard back from F-one. He says he hasn't but that it's strange because they usually reply immediately.
31.1.2014 - I contact the distributor again. He says that F-one replied that based on the serial nr I sent with the photo the kite was not purchased in the country of the distributor (hence no replacement).

So after almost three months the only answer I received from F-one is that the kite was originally purchased in another country....

I'm by no means saying they had to replace my bar, but from a company that cares about it's customers I would at least expect:

1) That they recognise that there is a problem (in this case with potentially quite serious consequenses).
2) They give you a clear answer regarding a replacement (yes/no).
3) If no, they propose a solution. For me this would for example be to offer a B6 bar only (without lines) for a reasonable price.

I would also like to point out that the distributor has been very helpful, so this post is i no way directed at him.

Attachments:
DSC03911.jpg
DSC03911.jpg [ 195.92 KIB | Viewed 1008 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: My experience with F-one Customer Service
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't know about yours, but that's how a corroded f-one bar supposed to look like:

Attachment:
7460708.jpg
7460708.jpg [ 390.76 KIB | Viewed 999 times ]

:rollgrin:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 pm 
Medium Poster

alexeyga wrote:
I don't know about yours, but that's how a corroded f-one bar supposed to look like:

Yeah, that's why I don't want to cut it open. :D

Attachments:
DSC03910.jpg
DSC03910.jpg [ 144.1 KIB | Viewed 988 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Usually fone have the best costumer care.
Did you try contacting Fone directly ?
I am positive that if you call them directly and say that you think you deserve a new bar that they won't say no...after all, they are pretty decent and know they had a bad batch of bars.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 pm 
Frequent Poster

There is a known fault with those bars. Faulty goods should be recalled and replaced by a manufacturer.
I was about to by a used F one surf board but was warned that they have issues with cracking, anyone experienced this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

alexeyga wrote:

Attachment:
7460708.jpg

i just love threads like this! it shows us how they (kite brands) treat us and their own products.

most certainly according to any kite brand kite gear suppose to last one season max and kiters suppose to warship and adore everything what came from the brand.

brands owners don't communicate with us, the canaille. for that they have the retailers and team riders. just wait, soon they write how they never have seen anything like this before and it is your fault and you probably should not dip your bar in the vinegar or sulphuric acid...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

eree wrote:
i just love threads like this! it shows us how they (kite brands) treat us and their own products.

most certainly according to any kite brand kite gear suppose to last one season max and kiters suppose to warship and adore everything what came from the brand.

What you said, is "NOT" how Ozone or Core has treated ME ; both companies
are Top-notch in my opinion !!

Bille

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:14 am 
Frequent Poster

C'mon man you know as well as the rest of us that by buying second hand that you are without warranty. I don't see how this should be an issue for FOne to honour as you take a chance when buying second hand goods. Who knows how the equipment was abused prior to you owning it and the responsibility is on you. This type of thread is pointless as it is apparent that you are after a replacement or discounted gear and hoping that you can force the company to cough up. Next time buy new if you expect warranty and than you would be within your rights to complain.

James

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

1. I thought customer service is for customers. It seems to me you received quite a bit of attention for a non-customer.

2. Nothing lasts forever, especially metal in a marine environment. I wish I could buy a longhorn carbon bar, because I am not fond of the metal bars.

3. If you wanted to buy a bar, you could have sent an email asking to buy a bar.

Just my 2c. (Not affiliated with any brand and also not an F1 customer)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 am 
Rare Poster

fdvj wrote:
There is a known fault with those bars. Faulty goods should be recalled and replaced by a manufacturer.
I was about to by a used F one surf board but was warned that they have issues with cracking, anyone experienced this?

I had to agree totally, they must recall the bar, what would happen if a bar break during a megaloop or a high jump???

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next