2014 Veagas 14 meter
Dakine seat harness
2012 fone trax 133*40
2010 crazy fly 127*38
Brand Affiliation: None

North 2014 Dice What do You think?

Postby Awn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Dear All

Did anyone buy 2014 Dice? what is the verdict?

peterheirman
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 8
Local Beach: 2002

Re: North 2014 DIce What do You think?

Postby peterheirman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Wait one year as North needs to refine it.
Amongst others the flutter

swell
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: the fastest

Re: North 2014 DIce What do You think?

Postby swell » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Have been flying the 9m Dice for some time now - can't say anything negative. Turns very fast, depowers OK, lowend is not impressive, but you cant have fast turning and grunty kite at the same time. When overpowered it still stears very good. It does not stall (immidiatly) if oversheeted (like rebel). Feels like Vegas to me but with beter drifting and good slack in the lines by edging hard. Had no issues with new valve.
Flatter?? No flattering with mine kite, been out at 13 till 32 knots with the 9.
Hope that helps.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Re: North 2014 Dice What do You think?

Postby Westozzy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:13 am

Yeh concur been on the north dice (we well as the other 4 crew I regularly kite with) since mid September. A very stable canopy in high winds. I to have had both the 9, 11 and 12m sizes out right at their designated top end and the stability of the canopy for a three strut kite is something to behold. We have little trouble with low end as some have mentioned, it's essentially a c kite profile and has to be ridden as such. The 12m has some surprisingly good static grunt actually. No c kite will ever out point a higher aspect kite like a rebel. It has a little fluttering if looped when sheeted out a little but it's a three strut kite, and it flutters the least out of the other three struts I have tried and I've tried most of them. The worst being the VX and the catalyst.

Remember it is not a c kite with a flat profile such as a VX, park, trigger, bandit and other such kites I have been on. It really has a C arc to it. This means you have to work for your money. But what it provides is some excellent acceleration through the loops. It actually accelerates in the last part of the loop and always gets above your head.

For a non specific wave kite it's the best I've ever used by a long way. In the real serious stuff. A lot of kites work okay in safe, mundane conditions, but get yourself out in double to triple head high outer reef breaks in isolated environments we have been glad we've been on this kite.

Boost....mmm I've been a rebel, VX, and edge rider so compared to these forget it. Also you got to have some wind over this wing. Get the 9m (the sweet size) in 25 to 30 and I've had some sessions I've been very impressed with. Below this better off wave riding or hitting the freestyle stuff on flat water.

I have flown the 12, 11, 9 and 6m and the 9 and 12 seem really well tuned. One thing I'd like to see in hyphen next gen is the other sizes to be better tuned. For sure the next gen should have some improvements, but for a first gen kite it is very impressive. We have since demoed more than 10 kites (only recently) and I'm yet to find one that beats it for what we do.

Return to “Kitesurfing”