All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blade Unibar Suicide Setup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 am 
Frequent Poster

The way you are supposed to set up the Blade Unibar suicide is by clipping the flagging ring to your leash and then clipping your leash around the CL as we can see from this post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378371&start=10

Quote:
Regarding the ring for suicide mode, you will be able to attach your leash to the ring and the chicken loop in a similar manner, but without the ring going through the chicken loop. Since you get the same effect as the double ring method, we preferred having just a single ring, so if you let your friends borrow the kite who are less experienced, it will be easy for them and more safe to attach immediately to standard mode.

I was trying it out the other day and while hooking back in after a jump my leash clipped around my harness hook as well as the flagging ring and CL. So now there probably isn't enough room for the CL to release if I pop the safety as the 3 things are wedged in there quite tight and I can't get it unhooked from my harness hook because of the direction of the leash clip gate.

So basically I've become 100% fixed to my kite with 0 flagging options. I was pretty freaked out, had to head in right away to fix it as I couldn't get it out while under load.

This seems like something that would happen a lot with this suicide setup and I'm not willing to use it again. Have others had this happen? I would like to get the double ring style flagging ring but am not sure where to buy one that is at least as big as the OEM ring. PKS has a slingshot double ring but that's more like an "8" and looks too small to allow the CL through on release.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Blade Unibar Suicide Setup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:48 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Happens to me from time to time when I do the same with the Slingshot compstick. Just go downwind unhook and fix it. Pain in the ass really. You can all so try hooking thru the medal ring and the CL. That's what I do it helps.

Post subject: Re: Blade Unibar Suicide Setup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Buy an oring clip onto that instead. see picture. I call this half suicide its become more popular over the years so more bars come w an oring .Image
old suicide had no flagging you clipped above chicken loop.

the oring prevents the carabiner from clipping by accident into the spreader hook because now the cara inner don't touch the spreader directly the oring touches it instead

also you can buy the double o ring from various kite manufacturers if you dont want to go with the plain o-ring for instance:

http://ozonekites.net/proddetail.asp?pr ... ith_swivel

[ 3 posts ]