Kiting since: 2020
Weight: ~55kg
Gear: Plkb impulse 2.5
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Plkb Hornet or Plkb Twister

Postby Meeps » Wed May 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Hey,
I'm looking for a new 4-line kite which can deliver more power then the plkb impulse 2.5 I currently have. I stumbled upon the hornet and the twister and I'm not sure which one would be my best choice. I'm planning to try landboarding in the future and I need a kite that can both do that and deliver a fun experience without a board.
If you have either one of these kites or if you have advice I'd like to hear it from you. Tell me about your experience. I'm really new to the hobby so I'm still learning.
Thx in advance :)

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Re: Plkb Hornet or Plkb Twister

Postby Herman » Wed May 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Are you sure you want a fixed bridle kite, it will basically fly like a 2 line kite on a bar, brakes only accessed for landing and relaunch. I don’t l recommend handles for landboarding. Before committing maybe compare price to a depower foil or single skin. Fixed bridle does give power per buck but depower makes kites more usable for landboarding.

If you are set on these kites Power Kite Forum may have more info,

Meeps
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: ~55kg
Gear: Plkb impulse 2.5
Been thanked: 0

Postby Meeps » Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Yes I've looked at depower kites but I was quickly scared away by the huge prices. I'm trying to find a kite under 500€ or so and the depower kites tend to be very expensive and I also need to buy a proper harness which adds even more to the price. If you have any recommended depower kites around my price range I could look at that. Otherwise I'll ask which of the powerkites I should choose on the other forum. Thx for your help.

Herman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Herman » Wed May 12, 2021 7:36 pm

You could ask others about the Pansh Genesis but be warned there are Pansh haters out there. You could also pick up a good second hand kite for your budget but somebody who knows the market reduces the risk of buying Second hand. The best bargain would probably be a small C kite say 5m but you would need the help of somebody who knows what they were looking at, and bladders can be an issue with these.

Looking a long way back I learnt to landboard on a 3m 2line airush trainer and for a long time that kite gave me more fun per buck than any other.
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Meeps (Wed May 12, 2021 7:39 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Herman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Herman » Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Should have said I would not expect to pay more than ~180€ for a second hand 5m C kite, if you can find a decent one. Maybe to late in the day now but at one time......
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Meeps (Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”