Nope. I would still go to Padre Island. Much better chance of decent wind, and the best conditions for learning (flat water, shallow).DCnoob wrote:Thanks again for the feedback from everyone. This has been so helpful.
At this point I've narrowed it down to the Keys -- Key West or Islamorada. Here's why:
* Flat water, making it great for a total beginner like me.
* Reliable wind.
* Pretty accessible from DC.
* Spring break isn't *too* bad.
* February is likely warm enough; March and April are definitely warm enough.
* Couple brand-name schools there, which makes me think the instruction is good, professional, and mature.
Would you agree?
I say this as someone who owns a condo in Cabarete (which is a great spot - but not ideal for learning).