Gear: Naish Torchs 12 /9 2010
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136
Brand Affiliation: None

Brasil travel advises please!

Postby joandani » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:26 am

Good morning to everyone,

I would know if someone can hep me to organize my brasil's travel in the last 14 days of august.
I will go with my girlfriend, and she also do kite.

My goal is to visit little towns that have flat water lagoons and stay 2, 3 or 4 days in each one, starting from cumbuco, but i dont know if i have to go south or to the north.

One possible way is to go from Cumbuco to Jericoacoara, but perhaps I am forgeting some beautiful towns like canoa quebrada, in the south of fortaleza.

Finally, someone can give me some opinions from wich lagoon towns will he visit if he would go again to brasil?
For kite sizes, we dont have problems, we will go there with 11,9,7m and may be I am thinking also about taking the 5m for high winds near jericoacoara.

What can people who has visited brasil advises me please?

Thank you very much.

awo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ilhabela, ubatuba
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brasil travel advises please!

Postby awo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 pm

I suggest you either rent a car or get a local driver( this option is better in my way of thinking) and go from Cumbuco driving west towards Jericoacoara. There are many places, like Taiba, Paracuru and others. definitively worth going to Prea, but the lagoons close to it have gusts. In Prea, low tide,,it is almost a lagoon.If you have time you can leave Ceara and go to the state of Piaui, towards Barra Grande and the Delta. It s better to have a four by four. Hope it helps

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

joandani wrote:Good morning to everyone,

I would know if someone can hep me to organize my brasil's travel in the last 14 days of august.
I will go with my girlfriend, and she also do kite.

My goal is to visit little towns that have flat water lagoons and stay 2, 3 or 4 days in each one, starting from cumbuco, but i dont know if i have to go south or to the north.

One possible way is to go from Cumbuco to Jericoacoara, but perhaps I am forgeting some beautiful towns like canoa quebrada, in the south of fortaleza.

Finally, someone can give me some opinions from wich lagoon towns will he visit if he would go again to brasil?
For kite sizes, we dont have problems, we will go there with 11,9,7m and may be I am thinking also about taking the 5m for high winds near jericoacoara.

What can people who has visited brasil advises me please?

Thank you very much.
14 days only? Then I would suggest to stay at one spot only (or maximum two) or option two go onto a 2 week's downwind safari. There are several providers for that here in Cumbuco.
Have fun!

Cheers
Caesar 8)

joandani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona)
Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136

Postby joandani » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 pm

thank you guys,

Awo, Is not very expensive to have a local driver there for 14 days?

I want to visit more than 2 towns in 14 days... mainly to not stay all the time doing freestyle unhooked tricks with the 11m or the 9m... I think it will be possible: Cumbuco, Taiba, Paracuru and Jericoacoara would be a good travel. Any other little town with charm?

The main reason is that I love to do freestyle unhooked tricks in lagoons, but i would also want, if it is like i heard, to make some megaloop sessions with stronger winds in north towns like jericoacoara, with the 7m or the 5m.

This would be perfect for me, 9 or 10 days unhooked tricks, and 3 or 4 with more than 30 knots in north towns... is that possible there? or the wind there is not so strong?

PD: Caesar, what are downwind safaris?

awo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ilhabela, ubatuba
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu

Postby awo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:51 pm

For a driver look for Lucio, his site is jerilencois.com.br, he has a Toyota for 5 people including driver, I am not totally sure about prices, but it is around 120/150 dollars per day including his fee. He normally picks me up at the airport and we start doing some downwinds from Cumbuco, when I get tired we normally stay in one lagoon( for example Taiba or Cumbuco) and we play it by ear, if the place is nice and uncrowded we stay, if not we move forward.His english is not the best but you will be able to comunicate ok.very nice and honest fellow.
I would suggest no to stay in Jericoacoara, but in Prea, 12km ( 7miles) from Jeri, very nice place where you can kite in front of the pousadas and at night go to Jeri for downtown fun.
My experience withmthe wind in August is lowest strength in Cumbuco ( from 20 to 30 knots) to 27/45 as you go closer to Prea and Tatajuba. I am a bad intermediate , weigh 97 kg( about 220 pounds) and last august I used mostly a core 7m, then a naish 9m and a few days a 5 m, rental, because I was way overpowered with the 7.
A kitetrip is when you go kiting from place to place, in Brazil anything from 20 to 50 km average in one day, and there is a car or buggy following you by the beaches. I strongly reccomend you try it. Again I think lucio can help you.good trip

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

joandani wrote:thank you guys,

Awo, Is not very expensive to have a local driver there for 14 days?

I want to visit more than 2 towns in 14 days... mainly to not stay all the time doing freestyle unhooked tricks with the 11m or the 9m... I think it will be possible: Cumbuco, Taiba, Paracuru and Jericoacoara would be a good travel. Any other little town with charm?

The main reason is that I love to do freestyle unhooked tricks in lagoons, but i would also want, if it is like i heard, to make some megaloop sessions with stronger winds in north towns like jericoacoara, with the 7m or the 5m.

This would be perfect for me, 9 or 10 days unhooked tricks, and 3 or 4 with more than 30 knots in north towns... is that possible there? or the wind there is not so strong?

PD: Caesar, what are downwind safaris?
http://ozonetravel.com/kiteboard/
http://www.kite-safari.net/

And there are plenty more companies out there or get in touch with me and I can arrange something for you with a private buggy driver who knows the area in and out and will stop where ever you like and will take care of your hotel or pousada as well.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 am

awo wrote:My experience withmthe wind in August is lowest strength in Cumbuco ( from 20 to 30 knots) to 27/45 as you go closer to Prea and Tatajuba.
That doesn't match my experience at all. In August you will have the strongest winds in the Cumbuco area and as months go on, it will be stronger the further you go to the NE.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

I visited Brasil for 3 times. My favorite place was Paracuru, but that's just me.
Last time i stayed at casa L'occitane and from there traveled for a few days each time to a different location.

Renting a car is the easiest and most fun way to get along, especially if you are planning on visiting a few different locations. i managed getting along with a small car, i think it was a punto but not 100% sure. there is no need for a 4X4, just take some air out of the tires and you can drive on the beach.

Winds north from Fortaleza at Aug. are over 17K 6 days of the week and are stronger as you head north.

have fun.

joandani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona)
Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136

Postby joandani » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks so much guys! :D

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Caesar wrote:
awo wrote:My experience withmthe wind in August is lowest strength in Cumbuco ( from 20 to 30 knots) to 27/45 as you go closer to Prea and Tatajuba.
That doesn't match my experience at all. In August you will have the strongest winds in the Cumbuco area and as months go on, it will be stronger the further you go to the NE.

Cheers
Caesar 8)
I think he means it is the lowest strength along the coast...So Cumbuco has less wind then Jeri, which is true.

These are the high wind spots:

from South to North:

Capim Acu
Ilha do Guajiru
Prea
Jeri

Return to “Kitesurfing”