Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Riding waves backside....

Forum for kitesurfers
Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:18 am

SupaEZ wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:I'll believe anyone is riding waves on 19m kites when I see it. Guarantee if anyone was kiting on one of those blimps I could go on my 12 and strapless fish. You need a big strapless board :kiff: for light wind not a little tiny board that sucks going upwind then you won't need such huge kites.
More smoke coming out of your pie hole :roll:

I guarantee U that with my Nugget 2013 5'0" x 21" Quad you would dead in my tracks in 8-9-10kn

I also guarantee that in 12kn on my 12m kite and my Nugget i still blow by U supa Easily

LW 4 U is defininely low end of 12 kn and that is not light wind...you have no LW experience dude

So go roll up another one :lol:

You need a bigger board.

No way you would ever be upwind of me :rollgrin: if we are both on same size kites. My board is way bigger than your little nug and I'm lighter than you. :bye:

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

lol....

Re: Hayling, sadly I don't live there, but have surfed/windsurfed there since '87. Alan Wilson sounds like a stellar Wayfarer skipper - I wouldn't fancy racing in one of those in 35 knots !! http://www.wayfarer-international.org/w ... eport.html

As for board size, bigger is better in light winds (as mentioned I have a huge 6'6' fish), but a big kite (e.g. 19m) gives me more power/torque to get on a wave - but of course you are limited to what you can do once on the wave by the size of the kite - but it beats sitting on the beach watching, if all you have is a 12m !!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Bob Marley wrote: You need a bigger board.
No way you would ever be upwind of me :rollgrin: if we are both on same size kites. My board is way bigger than your little nug and I'm lighter than you. :bye:
Off topic on how good it feels soooooooo great to ride backside a nice wave off the wind :wink:

Lighter...by 5 lbs :lol:

Longer board like you have with a useless fish tail is no match to my nug wide round tail :bye:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Medium Poster
Local Beach: madison wi

Postby jens » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 pm

the scales are beginning to tip...
I think super ez might be the bigger idiot in this thread

seafood
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fuerteventura
Caños de Mecca
Haakgat SA
Favorite Beaches: Sunset/Dolphin beach/Haakgat SA etc.
Majanicho Fuerteventura
Style: surf
Gear: ozone reo
underground 5.8
f-one fish

Postby seafood » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 am

Hi there,could not help getting involved after being entertained and finally bored with the BM crap.
Let's assume you had a point in the first message you posted.Not really difficult,everybody knows frontside is easier and nicer.Anybody can do that, but looking cool and really mastering backside is more difficult.We all know that as well.
What i don't understand and appreciate is your tone of voice and the need to project your own inner frustrations on others,most of them looking like they are much better and more experienced then you.Your kiting looks like very average and non exciting.I am not better then you or the others,at least i would not pretend to be.The only thing i can say is that for the last 40 years i have been surfing,windsurfing,kiting and supping as much as every day there has been the least of conditions in South Africa,Canaries,Portugal and France which might give me some right to speak and give my humble opinion.

I really hope you get a grip on your ridiculous behaviour and maybe,just maybe you can save a little peace of your image.If you are lucky, because it looks like you did a great job looking stupid(in and outside of the water).

Never to late to apologize for your stupidities!

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:15 am

seafood wrote:Hi there,could not help getting involved after being entertained and finally bored with the BM crap.
Let's assume you had a point in the first message you posted.Not really difficult,everybody knows frontside is easier and nicer.Anybody can do that, but looking cool and really mastering backside is more difficult.We all know that as well.
What i don't understand and appreciate is your tone of voice and the need to project your own inner frustrations on others,most of them looking like they are much better and more experienced then you.Your kiting looks like very average and non exciting.I am not better then you or the others,at least i would not pretend to be.The only thing i can say is that for the last 40 years i have been surfing,windsurfing,kiting and supping as much as every day there has been the least of conditions in South Africa,Canaries,Portugal and France which might give me some right to speak and give my humble opinion.

I really hope you get a grip on your ridiculous behaviour and maybe,just maybe you can save a little peace of your image.If you are lucky, because it looks like you did a great job looking stupid(in and outside of the water).

Never to late to apologize for your stupidities!
:roll:

Frontside is easier than backside? :nono: Backside is the easy way out. Is it easier to skateboard and snowboard regular or switch? Switch takes more skill. Same for kiting. All these surfers who started kiting never learned to ride switch so they just ride backside looking like shit. :rollgrin:

Try riding some waves frontside switch instead of just backside on your strong foot and then you can talk. :bye:
Last edited by Bob Marley on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:21 am

Oh god, and it continues.....seriously some of you are gluttons for punishment.

You won't rationalise BM down, in his mind frontside, even in switch stance, is far better than backside in your normal stance...period.

Now we will wait for another muppet to comment....

Let it go...

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 am

Riding waves in light wind a big strapless board can't be beat. Bigger board = better upwind and allows for a smaller kite which is best for waves.

Can't ride waves backside :nono: or frontside if you can't get upwind.:kiff:

Super ez you are riding a tiny little nug compared to my fish. What is it 1/2 " thick x 5' x 20" wide only? :rollgrin: My fish is 5'10 x 21" x 2.5"... If I can't get out and kite on that and a 12 the wind is so light no kite will stay in the sky anyway and definitely won't relaunch if it hits water. Get a big board, ditch your straps, and you won't need that 19. :bye:

SparD
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Almanarre
Gear: Foil kites : Ozone R1V3
Tube kites : Ocean Rodeo Flite
Hydrofoil : Chubanga

Postby SparD » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Such a weak backside turn from an average rider just paid to look good and smile on waves....

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 pm

The original post said

"Riding waves backside.... Looks like shit. Why don't more kiters learn to ride switch?

After 42 pages there seems to be one vote for the first sentence being right.

The answer to the second sentence may be 'because they don't have to'.

Windsurfers have to ride frontside both ways and with most of the pros its difficult to tell which is their switch side. It seems that most people can get close to being as good frontside switch if they can get enough practice.
This is a clip of stuff that wasn't good enough to make the cut for a film. He's riding switch.

Return to “Kitesurfing”