Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Super ez you are riding a tiny little nug compared to my fish. What is it 1/2 " thick x 5' x 20" wide only? :rollgrin: My fish is 5'10 x 21" x 2.5"... If I can't get out and kite on that and a 12 the wind is so light no kite will stay in the sky anyway and definitely won't relaunch if it hits water. Get a big board, ditch your straps, and you won't need that 19. :bye:
Your fish stinks...you stink :lol:

Nugget 2 3/8 inches thick by 21 inches wide
Most importantly is the wide round efficient LW tail compared to that useless non efficient fish tail
Strapless is not a factor for LW efficiency
5'10" long board only creates more drag
If you can't go on your 12 the wind is not too light...it is your kite that is too small
I don't need to relaunch a kite that stays up in the air in 5-6kn
In less than 11kn you are screwed with that 12
You need to stop huffing and puffing :rollgrin:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:38 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Super ez you are riding a tiny little nug compared to my fish. What is it 1/2 " thick x 5' x 20" wide only? :rollgrin: My fish is 5'10 x 21" x 2.5"... If I can't get out and kite on that and a 12 the wind is so light no kite will stay in the sky anyway and definitely won't relaunch if it hits water. Get a big board, ditch your straps, and you won't need that 19. :bye:
Your fish stinks...you stink :lol:

Nugget 2 3/8 inches thick by 21 inches wide
Most importantly is the wide round efficient LW tail compared to that useless non efficient fish tail
Strapless is not a factor for LW efficiency
5'10" long board only creates more drag
If you can't go on your 12 the wind is not too light...it is your kite that is too small
I don't need to relaunch a kite that stays up in the air in 5-6kn
In less than 11kn you are screwed with that 12
You need to stop huffing and puffing :rollgrin:

But you're lying. :nono:

Your 5' nug has a 21" width by only 2.0 thick according to official measurements online. Smaller than my board.

Let me simplify this for you... Bigger board = more volume = better upwind = no need to fly a 19m. Strapless means you can adjust your feet and get better angle or float which means more upwind.

How can you be a light wind expert when you are riding a little nug? A big twin tip would have as much float at that little nug. :rollgrin:

seafood
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fuerteventura
Caños de Mecca
Haakgat SA
Favorite Beaches: Sunset/Dolphin beach/Haakgat SA etc.
Majanicho Fuerteventura
Style: surf
Gear: ozone reo
underground 5.8
f-one fish

Postby seafood » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
seafood wrote:Hi there,could not help getting involved after being entertained and finally bored with the BM crap.
Let's assume you had a point in the first message you posted.Not really difficult,everybody knows frontside is easier and nicer.Anybody can do that, but looking cool and really mastering backside is more difficult.We all know that as well.
What i don't understand and appreciate is your tone of voice and the need to project your own inner frustrations on others,most of them looking like they are much better and more experienced then you.Your kiting looks like very average and non exciting.I am not better then you or the others,at least i would not pretend to be.The only thing i can say is that for the last 40 years i have been surfing,windsurfing,kiting and supping as much as every day there has been the least of conditions in South Africa,Canaries,Portugal and France which might give me some right to speak and give my humble opinion.

I really hope you get a grip on your ridiculous behaviour and maybe,just maybe you can save a little peace of your image.If you are lucky, because it looks like you did a great job looking stupid(in and outside of the water).

Never to late to apologize for your stupidities!
:roll:

Frontside is easier than backside? :nono: Backside is the easy way out. Is it easier to skateboard and snowboard regular or switch? Switch takes more skill. Same for kiting. All these surfers who started kiting never learned to ride switch so they just ride backside looking like shit. :rollgrin:

Try riding some waves frontside switch instead of just backside on your strong foot and then you can talk. :bye:

Hey Bob Marley,i can't help thinking that you must be a very young and unexperienced kiter.Your kiting looks like shit and you have to much time for criticism.Why don't you stop typing and start practicing so one day maybe you can send us some pics that look half good.
I just can't believe you spend all this time trying to convince others of something so unimportant.
Do you carry some kind of trauma with you from your youth?

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:43 pm

ronnie wrote:After 42 pages there seems to be one vote for the first sentence being right.

The answer to the second sentence may be 'because they don't have to'.

Not surprising. 99% of kiters have no clue. The answer to why more don't ride switch frontside has so far been either it's too hard or they are surfers who took up kiting and don't want to learn riding switch when they've been doing it for so long one way and once you start kiting waves backside you have pretty much given up on ever being a decent wave rider. :bye:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:48 pm

seafood wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
seafood wrote:Hi there,could not help getting involved after being entertained and finally bored with the BM crap.
Let's assume you had a point in the first message you posted.Not really difficult,everybody knows frontside is easier and nicer.Anybody can do that, but looking cool and really mastering backside is more difficult.We all know that as well.
What i don't understand and appreciate is your tone of voice and the need to project your own inner frustrations on others,most of them looking like they are much better and more experienced then you.Your kiting looks like very average and non exciting.I am not better then you or the others,at least i would not pretend to be.The only thing i can say is that for the last 40 years i have been surfing,windsurfing,kiting and supping as much as every day there has been the least of conditions in South Africa,Canaries,Portugal and France which might give me some right to speak and give my humble opinion.

I really hope you get a grip on your ridiculous behaviour and maybe,just maybe you can save a little peace of your image.If you are lucky, because it looks like you did a great job looking stupid(in and outside of the water).

Never to late to apologize for your stupidities!
:roll:

Frontside is easier than backside? :nono: Backside is the easy way out. Is it easier to skateboard and snowboard regular or switch? Switch takes more skill. Same for kiting. All these surfers who started kiting never learned to ride switch so they just ride backside looking like shit. :rollgrin:

Try riding some waves frontside switch instead of just backside on your strong foot and then you can talk. :bye:

Hey Bob Marley,i can't help thinking that you must be a very young and unexperienced kiter.Your kiting looks like shit and you have to much time for criticism.Why don't you stop typing and start practicing so one day maybe you can send us some pics that look half good.
I just can't believe you spend all this time trying to convince others of something so unimportant.
Do you carry some kind of trauma with you from your youth?

I picture you are an average kiter who sucks at waves and rides backside hooked in. :nono: Do you have any pics or video that say otherwise? Can you ride waves switch? No, you cannot. You can't unhook. You probably ride a north nugget strapped on a 19m kite and call that wave riding. :rollgrin: :bye: :nono:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

SparD wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Such a weak backside turn from an average rider just paid to look good and smile on waves....

That guys a pro top kiter? No wonder kiting is looked at as a joke. He needs to turn around and face that wave. :kiff:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Hey immature know it all :bye:

Nugget 2013 is 2 3/8" thick....not 2 inches.....whatever info you looked at is wrong

Using caliper to measure........... it is 2 3/8 :wink:

Plenty of volume :thumb: and flat rocker ....no excess length...no useless fish tail

I bet if you were a school teacher ....you would force all left handers to switch...
.... because according to you writing that way looks like s**t :rollgrin:

SSK
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Salvo NC
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabrihna Drifters, Surfboards with 3 Fins

Postby SSK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:44 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Such a weak backside turn from an average rider just paid to look good and smile on waves....

Unfortunately for the rest of us, I think that image supports some of BM's position. Mitu is a switch rider and even better (IMO) is a multi stance rider going both frontside and backside on the same wave. Yes, his backside is better than 99% of the world's natural frontside. However, at One Eye, I think he rode predominately switch, because like it or not most judges prefer to see front side riding. Hookipa seems to support that. I do not think any backside riders advanced beyond the first round. Some switch riders did. This is where the surfing analogies fail, IMO. Riders can compete equally well frontside or backside surfing. In kiting it appears to be a big disadvantage. I think anectdotal evidence supports that as well. Take a look at video highlights and covershots. They seem to me to favor frontside riding a lot.
I do not agree with most of BM's BS, but my guess is that more and more good riders will be riding frontside, backside, and switch equally well. Personally, I got a ton to learn backside before considering "relearning to walk" and going switch. But I do think it is something to strive for. Do not agree you are a lesser kiter if you cannot go switch. The fact that you can switch does not mean you can rip. But it does seem to be the future. Probably be like skateboarding. In the early days the worlds best riders did not and could not ride switch, but now a days most riders can do fakies and partial rotations and do most tricks to their frontside, backside, and switch.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Hey immature know it all :bye:

Nugget 2013 is 2 3/8" thick....not 2 inches.....whatever info you looked at is wrong

Using caliper to measure........... it is 2 3/8 :wink:

Plenty of volume :thumb: and flat rocker ....no excess length...no useless fish tail

I bet if you were a school teacher ....you would force all left handers to switch...
.... because according to you writing that way looks like s**t :rollgrin:

Those aren't the dimensions for the 5' nug you claim to own...

Either way my fish is bigger, has more float and is better in light wind. The swallowtail allows better turning on waves too.

I don't write with both hands but can play a guitar upside down while holding it above and behind my head. :kiff:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:02 pm

SSK wrote:
Do not agree you are a lesser kiter if you cannot go switch. The fact that you can switch does not mean you can rip.

Maybe not but if you stick with it long enough you will be ripping lefts or rights frontside equally eventually.

:kiff:

Return to “Kitesurfing”