Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Riding waves backside....

Forum for kitesurfers
Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 pm

vkngktr wrote:BM is an aggravating little troll. He almost sucked me in to posting some photos. But why? I really dont need to prove to him that hes not a great wave rider or prove that I am better than him. The verdicts already in. And really who cares about frontside/backside? Is that what kitesurfing is about?

Just to prove you aren't just a keyboard kiter and actually know what your saying why not post a video? :kiff:If you don't care about frontside or backside why come on this thread?

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 pm

SupaEZ wrote:On the 2.5 kite video the wind is onshore.....
.... and you are just going back and forth without switching your feet..we all can do that EZ

I used to do that over 10 years ago on a 2.2m2 kite in the waves on a surfboard in high winds

On one tack you are going toeside right foot forward....frontside riding..obviously your are goofy

But on other tack you remain riding right foot forward heelside ..which equals..backside !!!

That is the problem right there about your claim...cause you don't switch

To be legit you would have had to switch your feet ....
......as soon as you changed tack...to left foot forward to go toeside again..with chest facing the wind

On onshore wind ....if your back is to the wind when riding...you are going backside + heelside

There was no foot switching to your "unnatural toeside side" in that video...so you are busted

:bye:
:nono:

That's called going upwind. :rollgrin: To ride frontside on waves regular footed the wind direction needs to switch. We're you getting upwind when you were on that 2.2 surfing? Just going downwind isn't very impressive if you can't get back to the beach where you started.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Bille wrote:
Bob Marley wrote::kiff: You sound mad billie! Blaze it up and watch the video I have public, take a deep breath then come try and honestly tell me that is weak riding. :kiff:
Dude -- i need another Link ; you made the last one private !!

Bille

Kiting on a 2.5m kite in surf = far from average weak riding :kiff:
Like most of the others, not impressed at all and was expecting a lot more after all those claims you made. All I see is a series of S-turns while getting tugged around by a kite on a really crappy wind swell. Your turns are also very weak. You are barely going rail to rail and your turns lack any real power or drive. Maybe work on your leg strength during your free time. Sorry to burst your bubble Bob, just keeping it real.
Last edited by TommyDuotone on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Postby juandesooka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm

This thread is like passing a terrible car accident. It is gruesome, but morbid curiosity means you just can't look away. But I think it has run its course and should be locked down.

The kiteforum site is a great resource, both informative and entertaining. But a good discussion requires respect for the opposing viewpoint and engaging in intelligent debate. That's not the case here.

I can't tell if it is clever trolling (deliberate taunting just to get everyone riled up) or just a very narrow minded and obstinate position ... but either way, it is pretty obvious no one here is going to be convinced and change their minds.

Fundamentally the issue here is a matter of opinion, there is no right answer. So there will never be any definitive proof that anyone is right or wrong -- just more and more circular debate, in an endless downward spiral.

As entertaining as this has been, frankly it is getting embarrassing. Time to end it Toby, lock it down or delete it ... this thread is not worthy of this site.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

iblocalsurfer wrote: expecting a lot more after all those claims you made. All I see is a series of S-turns while getting tugged around by a kite on a really crappy wind swell. Your turns are also very weak. You are barely going rail to rail and your turns lack any real

Hardly weak. Maybe not the most powerful turns but its not always about smashing the lip. Sometimes its better to flow and ride smoothly.

But the vid you posted earlier of your backside riding on ankle slappers, now that is weak. :nono: I wasn't gonna say anything at first but you do suck at kite surfing and posting that vid you did earlier as an example of backside riding I thought you just sucked too much to even comment. Obviously a beginner. Just sayin.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:30 pm

juandesooka wrote:Fundamentally the issue here is a matter of opinion, there is no right answer. So there will never be any definitive proof that anyone is right or wrong -- just more and more circular debate, in an endless downward spiral.

Its been settled already. Frontside riding > backside. Look at the pics and vids of frontside riding posted vs backside. No contest. :kiff:

This thread is good but too many people get their fee fees hurt. :allbegood: Im out now and leave it to the keyboard kiters. :cool2:

:kiff:

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Wrong guy Bob. I only made 1 comment previously asking you to show us how it's done. And so far, you haven't.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
iblocalsurfer wrote: expecting a lot more after all those claims you made. All I see is a series of S-turns while getting tugged around by a kite on a really crappy wind swell. Your turns are also very weak. You are barely going rail to rail and your turns lack any real

Hardly weak. Maybe not the most powerful turns but its not always about smashing the lip. Sometimes its better to flow and ride smoothly.

But the vid you posted earlier of your backside riding on ankle slappers, now that is weak. :nono: I wasn't gonna say anything at first but you do suck at kite surfing and posting that vid you did earlier as an example of backside riding I thought you just sucked too much to even comment. Obviously a beginner. Just sayin.
Obviously you don't give a f**k and a s**t about riding waves backside

Are you a Bat-yote ?...body of a bat with the head of a coyote...busy fighting crime a night

I found your theme song...white rapper boy

Breathe in some nice WA herbs and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIOrQasR18

WARNING : not for the youth to hear and see ......thank you...mature audiences only...please

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:51 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Obviously you don't give a f**k and a s**t about riding waves backside

Are you a Bat-yote ?.

Im more curious now to see how you waveride with 20m kites... :rollgrin:

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Yes, this thread needs to be in Flamers Paradise.
But, before that..
Bob Marley wrote: That's called going upwind. We're you getting upwind when you were on that 2.2 surfing? Just going downwind isn't very impressive if you can't get back to the beach where you started.
Were you getting upwind on that 2.5? How do we know? All we have is your word, which probably is unanimously deemed by all of kiteforum as highly questionable. I mean granted, you look like you weigh all of 115# soaking wet so I guess it could be plausible.

Return to “Kitesurfing”