kite adapter for SUP pump

Forum for kitesurfers
yzbob
Medium Poster
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None

kite adapter for SUP pump

Postby yzbob » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 am

does anyone know of an adapter that i can fit on my inflatable SUP pump to pump my kite? i know it will take longer but means i only need to carry the SUP pump which is smaller and easier to pack. don't want to travel with both pumps.

thanks

bob

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: kite adapter for SUP pump

Postby dyyylan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:56 pm

I had a SUP pump and while the nozzle didn't fit, and had a proprietary connector so I couldn't easily switch it out, the top of the hose (where it connects to the pump handle) was the standard twist-in attachment. Ended up getting a $9 walmart pump and used the hose. It worked great, those last couple strokes were a bit easier since SUPs get inflated to higher psi.

readyonot
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Florida/ Great Lakes
Gear: Wainman 7, 9, 12, 15
Crazyfly
Slingshot Tyrant 5 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: kite adapter for SUP pump

Postby readyonot » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

yzbob wrote:does anyone know of an adapter that i can fit on my inflatable SUP pump to pump my kite? i know it will take longer but means i only need to carry the SUP pump which is smaller and easier to pack. don't want to travel with both pumps.

thanks

bob

Any camping store should also have any pump adaptors you need in the air mattress area. Some of the SUP pumps even come w/ a bunch of different nozzles. My roommates Naish SUP pump had any nozzle u could want.

Return to “Kitesurfing”