Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

forum for kitesurfers


diogovilla
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby diogovilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I have just bought the Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump and I'm really loving it. Amazing product.

But i have one question: The pump can inflate up to 11 psi, but 06 psi would be enough to blow any of my kites. Couldn't they make a smaller/lighter pump that inflates up to 07 psi?

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Wake, surf, freeride
Gear: Slingshot RPM 14/12/10 Fuels 13/9/7
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby TheJoe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:29 pm

I have an on-board air compressor on my truck with a 20gal tank that I press up to 145psi. I regulate it down to 60-80psi and rigged up a hi flow nozzle for inflating. I have yet to blow up one of my kites with all that pressure and flow.

Just monitor the inflation or get kites that can handle your pump.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby ronnie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:53 pm

diogovilla wrote:I have just bought the Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump and I'm really loving it. Amazing product.

But i have one question: The pump can inflate up to 11 psi, but 06 psi would be enough to blow any of my kites. Couldn't they make a smaller/lighter pump that inflates up to 07 psi?



They do make one with a regulator so you can set the pressure it cuts out at.

User avatar
Marty
Frequent Poster
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:38 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Utah

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Marty » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 pm

The pump itself is not that heavy, it is the battery.
A lighter weight battery is available,
but as always it is more money just for light weight.
Last edited by Marty on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby diogovilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 pm

ronnie wrote:
diogovilla wrote:I have just bought the Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump and I'm really loving it. Amazing product.

But i have one question: The pump can inflate up to 11 psi, but 06 psi would be enough to blow any of my kites. Couldn't they make a smaller/lighter pump that inflates up to 07 psi?



They do make one with a regulator so you can set the pressure it cuts out at.


I know i can regulate the pressure. Maybe i didn't make myself clear. I am not afraid of blowing the kites. I am wondering WHY they didn't choose to make a smaller/lighter pump. I just fell we don't need 11 psi. Shouldn't they save some space/weight?

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby diogovilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Marty wrote:The pump itself is not that heavy, it is the battery.
A lighter weight battery is available,
but as always it is more money just for light weight.
(US shipping only)
http://store.batteryspecialists.com/lfp128075.html


THAT is great news!

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Caesar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 pm

diogovilla wrote:
ronnie wrote:
diogovilla wrote:I have just bought the Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump and I'm really loving it. Amazing product.

But i have one question: The pump can inflate up to 11 psi, but 06 psi would be enough to blow any of my kites. Couldn't they make a smaller/lighter pump that inflates up to 07 psi?



They do make one with a regulator so you can set the pressure it cuts out at.


I know i can regulate the pressure. Maybe i didn't make myself clear. I am not afraid of blowing the kites. I am wondering WHY they didn't choose to make a smaller/lighter pump. I just fell we don't need 11 psi. Shouldn't they save some space/weight?


Hi,

My mate just bought the smaller BST. But that thing only pumps up 3 to 4 kites, then it needs to go onto the charger again. Check out page 7 here:
http://www.scoprega.it/pdf/pompe/pompe%20elettriche%2012V_12V%20electric%20pumps.pdf

Cheers
Caesar 8)

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby diogovilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 pm

Caesar wrote:Hi,

My mate just bought the smaller BST. But that thing only pumps up 3 to 4 kites, then it needs to go onto the charger again. Check out page 7 here:
http://www.scoprega.it/pdf/pompe/pompe%20elettriche%2012V_12V%20electric%20pumps.pdf

Cheers
Caesar 8)


The smaller BST weights 4,0 kg, the bigger one weights 4,8 kg. That's not a BIG weight reduction, in my opinion. Besides that, the smaller BST takes a lot more time to inflate a kite.

hmattar
Medium Poster
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby hmattar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey guys i changed my inflator battery for the ones I use in R/C models made from lithium.
Batteies are called LIPO, are very very easy to find and are lightweight and compact.
They are also much cheaper and they charge in 20 minutes.
You also need a specific charger

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html



This charger will take a few hours to charge it, but its damm cheap!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Input.html

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby diogovilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 pm

hmattar wrote:Hey guys i changed my inflator battery for the ones I use in R/C models made from lithium.
Batteies are called LIPO, are very very easy to find and are lightweight and compact.
They are also much cheaper and they charge in 20 minutes.
You also need a specific charger

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html



This charger will take a few hours to charge it, but its damm cheap!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Input.html


Anyone knows which one would work with the BRAVO BST?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GregK, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests