All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kiteforum 2014 - how do you want it?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 am 
Frequent Poster

Can you make the forum display using the entire screen instead of only the middle 1/3 of the screen?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Convert the phbb to Joomla and use Kunena forum and Jomsocial, which is mobile friendly and already has videos, groups, photos, FB integration (incl. register with FB and cross posting options), slap on a Facebook integrated classifieds and you would have the most useful/ user-friendly kiting site on the web. :thumb:

All of the above components work very well and could be installed and configured in a couple of hours. :jump:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:05 am 
Rare Poster

Allow registered users to upvote/downvote posts & replies, provide the ability to sort the replies based on the number of votes.

Let the community decide the quality of the content, Reddit-style.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:48 pm 
Frequent Poster

some more advanced search/sort by options on the video section would be good to make it easier to find specific/certain types of videos.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

FreddyKite wrote:
Allow registered users to upvote/downvote posts & replies, provide the ability to sort the replies based on the number of votes.

Yeh we have this on our local forum and I wouldn't suggest it is a good thing. Creates a 'kangaroo court' and we plenty of cases where one user creates multiple logins and down votes and up votes posts to create support for their point of view. You also get many crew who never offer any valuable information or point of view and just sit there voting...it creates subliminal and secretive angst.

I prefer users to 'man up', say what they have to say and stand behind their point of view, rather than sit there on the side lines just voting like you are watching some fcking reality TV show.

I know a lot of experienced crew who could give valuable insight do not post anymore on the local forum due to this voting crap.

No Toby , don't go this way.

...tell you one thing that works a little better than here. The last post on any topic, is given a how many minutes or hours since the last post was made. I find it easier to scan and work out whether I should open it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 am 
Rare Poster

Please cut down on the Dimitri posts by at least 75%.
This forum is becoming one big Dimitri advertisement.
Too much :duh: :duh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 am 
Medium Poster

Give Epic its own section.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:26 am 
Rare Poster

Westozzy wrote:
FreddyKite wrote:

Yeh we have this on our local forum and I wouldn't suggest it is a good thing. Creates a 'kangaroo court' and we plenty of cases where one user creates multiple logins and down votes and up votes posts to create support for their point of view. You also get many crew who never offer any valuable information or point of view and just sit there voting...it creates subliminal and secretive angst.

I prefer users to 'man up', say what they have to say and stand behind their point of view, rather than sit there on the side lines just voting like you are watching some fcking reality TV show.

I know a lot of experienced crew who could give valuable insight do not post anymore on the local forum due to this voting crap.

No Toby , don't go this way.

...tell you one thing that works a little better than here. The last post on any topic, is given a how many minutes or hours since the last post was made. I find it easier to scan and work out whether I should open it or not.

I concur. I wasn't thinking about the number of active registered users here on KiteForum (not many, as compared to Reddit). It would be very easy for one or two individuals to create a bunch of false accounts and screw things up. Voting would not work here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I would also say the site loads pretty fast. Remember, on the home are a lot of info coming together...

I just made an upgrade to a faster server...so I assume that should power it up a bit.
The site might be offline soon for few hours. Will post an info once I know when exactly.

More feedback appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Need to add

MOST SEXY KITE PICTURE XXX
lol

just joking....

It would be the number one posting area always for sure (sick bastards)!!!!!

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next