forum for kitesurfers
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:49 am
- Kiting since: 2012
- Local Beach: Windmill point
- Favorite Beaches: Jockeysridge
- Style: Any move that makes my son smile
- Gear: Axis 156 and a 139
Epic renegade 3G 13ltd
Epic renegade 10m proto
Epic infinity v2
Epic 4g bar
- Brand Affiliation: Working on one
- Location: Va
has anyone tried to kite smith mountain lake in VA and if so is there a good area to launch from?
Im in Roanoke Area im tring to find a good place to launch
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 215
- Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Cali
I learned to windsurf there back in the early '80's - and I remember the gusty wind.
Went back a couple of years ago and looked for some kiting spots.
It looked like either drift launch off a boat or off the State park beach on a south wind or maybe at the end of Smith Mt Lake Parkway on a E, W, or S wind.
Return to “Kitesurfing”