grey 2864
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: freeride
Gear: north rebel 2014
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Problem with the new 2014 North Select board

Postby grey 2864 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi as above you need to put something softer under the Entity pads as these combined with sand or grit are pretty vicious and not very forgiving , have had this on all North boards I have owned , especially the entity straps as the base are quiet hard and not at all forgiving . :(

bordy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: freeride-waveride

Postby bordy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm

grey 2864 wrote:Hi as above you need to put something softer under the Entity pads as these combined with sand or grit are pretty vicious and not very forgiving , have had this on all North boards I have owned , especially the entity straps as the base are quiet hard and not at all forgiving . :(

:thumb: tnks

bordy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: freeride-waveride

Postby bordy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:46 pm

New picture Made with my iPhone
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

pch
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Rugen

Postby pch » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:21 pm

yes, it looks like a well-worn. At the same operating conditions, some products may be worn out after only one month and lose a normal appearance, but with other products for years everything is in good order.
Such problem occurs with some of the manufacturers, when footpads do not fit closely to board, and sand, even small stones can be freely accessed. Over time, the surface can be very worn away that board may break off a solid landing. For some time I use aboards Z-series with a very comfortable Anatomic footpads. These pads are structured so that pad plate is curved and fit close to the board. Under these pads sand and stones don`t slip even after long wearing. Pictures is seen my board, which I use for 5 months.

Return to “Kitesurfing”