Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anybody done that?

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Anybody done that?

Postby Caesar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 am

Look at these lucky guys... :wink:

2 set of foot straps (I see they put another set of sleeves or something onto the handle)?
How to attach both harnesses together?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

vlcsnap-2014-01-20-22h12m55s80.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-20-22h14m35s223.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-20-22h16m06s234.png

southflorida
Medium Poster
Style: flat water, go fast, practice tricks
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody done that?

Postby southflorida » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 am

So much wrong with this...

If you don't know French (I don't) get someone to translate it to understand what they are saying, maybe they discuss the risks and what they do to mitigate the risks?

Apparently they endorse or actually did take the invalid wheelchair bound girl out for a ride?! she's at minute 2:36 - yikes. Sure, the ride of her life, as long as nothing goes wrong...

Yeah, in double over heads with a novice strapped between me and the bar! How do you undo a line tangle/wrap, death loop, cut lines if necessary, body drag, water start in deep water, manage flying the kite while you are under the foam, anything like that??

If you must, keep to shallow water with no hazards - even then, risky since the person is obviously a total novice, probably doesn't even know how to steer a kite up to 12 if they had to. In a situation, a novice would hold on for dear life and go full power on you just when you don't want it.

Figure out a quick-release to undo yourself from your guest? He looks pretty tightly strapped in with the person, I thought at first it was just his hook on her harness rear handle, but doesn't look that way. Then again, disconnecting yourself from your novice guest might be a death wish, especially since it has to be big kite to begin with.

BreezeSleaze
Rare Poster
Gear: Slingshot RPM quiver

Postby BreezeSleaze » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:57 am

That dude is probably banging every split tail that gets on that mutant 4 strap set-up.....because of the implication....

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 am

southflorida wrote:So much wrong with this...

If you don't know French (I don't) get someone to translate it to understand what they are saying, maybe they discuss the risks and what they do to mitigate the risks?

Apparently they endorse or actually did take the invalid wheelchair bound girl out for a ride?! she's at minute 2:36 - yikes. Sure, the ride of her life, as long as nothing goes wrong...

Yeah, in double over heads with a novice strapped between me and the bar! How do you undo a line tangle/wrap, death loop, cut lines if necessary, body drag, water start in deep water, manage flying the kite while you are under the foam, anything like that??

If you must, keep to shallow water with no hazards - even then, risky since the person is obviously a total novice, probably doesn't even know how to steer a kite up to 12 if they had to. In a situation, a novice would hold on for dear life and go full power on you just when you don't want it.

Figure out a quick-release to undo yourself from your guest? He looks pretty tightly strapped in with the person, I thought at first it was just his hook on her harness rear handle, but doesn't look that way. Then again, disconnecting yourself from your novice guest might be a death wish, especially since it has to be big kite to begin with.
Blah blah blah.... same old safety bullshit criticising someone for trying something fun and different and as usual without knowing jack all about it. Good for them I say!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 am

Ta ta ta with my 5 year old son. I should be ashamed of myself...sooo unsafe. Lighten up dudes.
Attachments
image.jpg

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 am

I want to do this with my gf (not with "paying" guests). My gf is a kiter too.
And she would get mad at me having another girl rubbing her bum against my d***/b*** (even though that would be nice...hehe).

Cheers
Caesar 8)

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

So this is you, Woz? :)
DSC05107 (Medium).JPG

jens
Medium Poster
Local Beach: madison wi

Postby jens » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:03 pm

All you need is one fast toeside wipeout and one rider loses a bunch of teeth while the other gets new dentures in the back of the head.

Or in the case of the young child a knee , or spreader bar/hook to the back of head.

southflorida
Medium Poster
Style: flat water, go fast, practice tricks

Postby southflorida » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:46 pm

sijandy wrote:

Blah blah blah.... same old safety bullshit criticising someone for trying something fun and different and as usual without knowing jack all about it. Good for them I say!

Really? I don't know jack all about it? OK, you make an assumption about me, I'll make one about you: It must be you in the video since you speak authoritatively about me not knowing jack.

Do tell, oh kite surfing god, how are you attached to the invalid girl when you took her out?

Be kind to us all, and do the extra stupid risky stuff alone and maybe you'll get your own Darwin award.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 am

downunder wrote:So this is you, Woz? :)
DSC05107 (Medium).JPG

Nah man, is that back beach in gero? Using an ozone kite as well...lol. Is it Jason? Looks like his son...but the dudes a bit fat to be Jason...lol might be an old photo..

Return to “Kitesurfing”