*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Problem with the new 2014 North Select board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 28
I bought a New North SELECT board 2014, after 10 session in Brasil i Noticed that the board is worn out under the pads.... (See pictures)
Does anyone had similar Problem?

I sent an e mail to North and the reply was:"our warranty does not cover worn out boards :angryfire: " and "the Problem was not the board but the Sand of Brasil...". :o ( 10 sessions!!!!!)


Thank you


Attachments:
File comment: Worn out board after 10 session.. Is it normal?
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1013.1 KIB | Viewed 772 times ]
File comment: Worn out board after 10 session... Is it normal?
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 645.01 KIB | Viewed 772 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:39 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 220
Worn out? As in worn through the top layer of laminate? It looks as if the board is scratched by the trapped sand between the board and the pads. I'd be amazed if it has worn though the top layer and into the carbon, if it has then it's a warrantee. I've had many boards from many manufactures marked by sand but it's never actually worn any out and I'd say the only reason this is noticeable is because of it's dark colour. Every board will get scratched in the same way.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
bordy wrote:
I bought a New North SELECT board 2014, after 10 session in Brasil i Noticed that the board is worn out under the pads.... (See pictures)
Does anyone had similar Problem?

I sent an e mail to North and the reply was:"our warranty does not cover worn out boards :angryfire: " and "the Problem was not the board but the Sand of Brasil...". :o ( 10 sessions!!!!!)


Thank you



Just start to look after your board if you don`t want to see such marks.
Scratches are harmless to your board and they always appear to any glossy finished one.
L.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 28
The white little spots you can see on the pictures are not scratches but little holes


Last edited by bordy on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 13
Got the same on my Cabrinha Custom and boots; you have the case when your padz have a hard base and when big grain of sand are trap between the plate and the topsheet. So just wach your board or had some double sided rubber between padz plate and deck.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:01 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 28
Kithib wrote:
Got the same on my Cabrinha Custom and boots; you have the case when your padz have a hard base and when big grain of sand are trap between the plate and the topsheet. So just wach your board or had some double sided rubber between padz plate and deck.



Thank you
There is only a very thin yellow rubber un the back of the pads, non enough , in My opinion , to avoid the abrasive Sand ...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:06 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 220
bordy wrote:
The white little spots you can see on the pictures are not scratches but little HOLES...........

I had the 2010 SELECT for 3 years ( and I've been to Brasil once a year): I haven't ever had any kind of Problem ..... But this year ... New board and...SURPRISE,!
Thank you NORTH ..... especially for the assistance ....


The holes go through to the carbon layer?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 28
JamesVegas wrote:
bordy wrote:
The white little spots you can see on the pictures are not scratches but little HOLES...........

I had the 2010 SELECT for 3 years ( and I've been to Brasil once a year): I haven't ever had any kind of Problem ..... But this year ... New board and...SURPRISE,!
Thank you NORTH ..... especially for the assistance ....


The holes go through to the carbon layer?


No .. Only on The light yellow material ...
But I didn't use The board anymore since I noticed The Problem...

Actually I'm riding My old board... :remybussi:


Last edited by bordy on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 North Select board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:17 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 220
Take it to a North dealer then but they sound like deep scratches and I doubt they're going to ever wear through and damage the board.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Problem with the new 2014 NORTH SELECT board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:02 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 am
Posts: 290
Location: Perth, Australia
Ludmil wrote:
bordy wrote:
I bought a New North SELECT board 2014, after 10 session in Brasil i Noticed that the board is worn out under the pads.... (See pictures)
Does anyone had similar Problem?

I sent an e mail to North and the reply was:"our warranty does not cover worn out boards :angryfire: " and "the Problem was not the board but the Sand of Brasil...". :o ( 10 sessions!!!!!)


Thank you



Just start to look after your board if you don`t want to see such marks.
Scratches are harmless to your board and they always appear to any glossy finished one.
L.


I always wash my gear afterwards and since I make my own boards noticed this is caused by NTT pads.

It is clearly visible on the photo above. North added some foam under the NTT for 2013, but now is late...It's a design issue.
They should address this looong before 2013 NTT's. How many old pre 2013 NTT's are out there?

See:

http://boardbuilders-forum.1077691.n5.nabble.com/file/n1266/DSC00533_%28Small%29.jpg

Same thing down to the FG.

As suggested, put some foam under the pads or rubber as I did:

http://boardbuilders-forum.1077691.n5.nabble.com/file/n1266/DSC00538_%28Small%29.jpg

Just today I deleted my post here asking what kind of foam North is using so I can equip my pads as well (got 5 new pairs). Unfortunately no one replied, so deleted it.

Good luck.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CRD, edt, Google [Bot], J Jones and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group