Forum for kitesurfers
poldo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Info Shinn Gintronic II 132x39,5

Postby poldo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Would like some suggestion about a new tt

175cmx66kg, lot or years kitesurfing, ride only hooked. Bad knees (and elbow) and allround fit but not so strong.

I'd rather ride waves but where is flat (summer breeze 12-20 kts) I go around playing with a twintip some basic jumps and transitions.

Now I have a 135x40 quite stiff and flat, fast, good upwind (even too much!) and good pop when underpowered but not so good well powered and in chop and no good to ride switch and to play with small waves (when waves are good and wind strong I use other bords)

Looking at Shinn boards, as all reports say very smooth ride and good allrounder. I have good offer for a Gintronic2. Never ridden a Shinn but the Gintronic program seems ok for my needs. About size, I would go 132x39,5. Next size up is 134x41 that seems quite big.

What's your suggestions? Any experience about this board in this size?

gintronic.jpg
gintronic.jpg (13.56 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: Info Shinn Gintronic II 132x39,5

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 am

If you have a big kite and it nukes in winter - go the 132..

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:55 pm

would be my summer board for good wind (around 15 knots and 12m kites) and for traveling in non wave spots (I have already good board for waves)

if wind too weak I play with directionals

any more suggestion and opinion about this board (and size)? :roll:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 am

Opps, Gintronic II...
My gf has the Toyboy 128x39 which I kited as well for a few hours. It served me fine and I'm 4Kg heavier than you. No spray, perfect on the knees, so if size matters and you find a good deal on them give it a try.

Cheers
Caesar 8)
Last edited by Caesar on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 am

My girlfriends first board was a Gintronic and she loved it. Very forgiving and good all rounder, with a good bottom end & a very good high end. She was sad when she sold it. Sorry I can't remember the size :oops:
Is easy on the knees, is good in chop. Our local is chop city, with occasional erratic big waves
Flies upwind, the blurb is not wrong

She currently rides a 130x40 Monk and weighs 60kg Works from 10 kts on a big kite for her

I would think the Gin in 132 would be OK for you, you can hold down some good power with the shinn boards. Maybe it would make a useful lighter wind board for you ?
It does have the capability of giving you what you want. But really you should have a demo before you part with your hard earned

I weigh in at 97kgs and I use a Dundee in 135x44 (12kts bottom end for me) I could probably get away with a 132 now I have a few years under my kites and I am more efficient on my feet

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks all for the useful replies :thumb:

Seems the board is suited to my needs (easy on the knees, good upwind, all-arounder) and also the size is spot on for my 65 kg (as Shinn website advising about size)

If I proceed I'll let you know :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”