Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Average Joe Kite Review- Light wind kites

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Average Joe Kite Review- Light wind kites

Postby matth » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:
nikalaitzian wrote:Am i the only the only one who has the feeling that Joe's are retarded or not ? :!: :?:
Not sure what to say to that one...
I can think of a few suggestions.

AGK
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby AGK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:Sorry guys but all the readings and well trusted sources are saying that these guys are waaaay tooo average to judge any kite.And light wind kites demand much experience to judge and to use.i had enough with this Sh!t reviews.
How about this -- all of you truly exceptional kiters with awesome ability and way too much status and cred to pay attention to "average" kiters can continue to get your information from your mysterious,high-ability sources. Those of us who kite for fun and like to get information from a variety of honest, unbiased sources will read and appreciate these reviews and others.

And maybe you could spend your time posting expert reviews on other threads instead of muddying this one with gratuitous insults.

And one more thing -- another shout out to the Average Joes for a job well done -- please keep it up and ignore posts like the one quoted here.

Burn45
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Baie de Beauport
Favorite Beaches: Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada
Cape Hatteras, USA
Naish beach, Maui, USA
Cabarete, DR
Style: Freeride freestyle wave
Gear: North Neo 5-7-9-11
North Mono 15
North Speedster
North X-ride
North Pro Whip CSC , Wam and Nugget
Slingshot T-Rex
Been thanked: 0

Postby Burn45 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 pm

AGK wrote:
nikalaitzian wrote:Sorry guys but all the readings and well trusted sources are saying that these guys are waaaay tooo average to judge any kite.And light wind kites demand much experience to judge and to use.i had enough with this Sh!t reviews.
How about this -- all of you truly exceptional kiters with awesome ability and way too much status and cred to pay attention to "average" kiters can continue to get your information from your mysterious,high-ability sources. Those of us who kite for fun and like to get information from a variety of honest, unbiased sources will read and appreciate these reviews and others.

And maybe you could spend your time posting expert reviews on other threads instead of muddying this one with gratuitous insults.

And one more thing -- another shout out to the Average Joes for a job well done -- please keep it up and ignore posts like the one quoted here.
Wow! Well said! I couldn't write it better to spread my mind!
I'm and intermediate kiter (on my way to become an expert :D )who likes to read and watch about kite...and really liked what those Joes did. We don't see all the time and work these guys put on those reviews. Is it perfect for every one?...maybe not ( everyone would like to had something...or see that THEIR kite is the best)... But for me, it's a priceless review... And didn't pay for that!

Thanks again Joes! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm

a guy who doesnt know hot to trim a kite simply cant judge it
I fly some Epic kites and like them, but comments like this have really soured me toward supporting Epic on the forum.

The guys at XL down in Ft. Walton Beach are experts at light wind kiting, and know what they are talking about. It is a shame that some people can't be objective and understand that there is more than one good kite brand out there.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:58 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:

I fly some Epic kites and like them, but comments like this have really soured me toward supporting Epic on the forum.

The guys at XL down in Ft. Walton Beach are experts at light wind kiting, and know what they are talking about. It is a shame that some people can't be objective and understand that there is more than one good kite brand out there.
Guess what ? They just became a dealer for a brand and they got rejected from some others ....

give us a brake ... There isnt a bad kite in the market..... There are only bad kiters and bad dealers

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Guys please cool down. Reviews are very good to have, but again the best way to find out if the kite is best suited for your riding style is to test it for yourself. For example few days ago I saw a great review on a movie. So I decided to go and see it. It turned out to be one of the most boring movies I have seen in a long time. I almost left half way into the movie but on the other hand, my wife did like it and that's probably why I stayed.
So again reviews are great to have but they might not be the perfect tool to choose what you are looking for since every body is different. So the best thing to do is to test the kite for yourself. This is the reason why I have been sending the EPIC kites world wide so people can have the chance to demo them and see if the kite is the right kite for them.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Guys please cool down. Reviews are very good to have, but again the best way to find out if the kite is best suited for your riding style is to test it for yourself.
Dimitri I agree :thumb:
Since we're talking about reviews, would you add your opinion pros and cons on the Strutless idea you had experience with :?:
People saw you flying it and we know you had intention to replace the Infinity with Strutless,
so we'd like to know what made you to decide the Infinity is more suitable for light winds than the Strutless :?:

A

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:30 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
KYLakeKiter wrote:

Guess what ? They just became a dealer for a brand and they got rejected from some others ....

give us a brake ... There isnt a bad kite in the market..... There are only bad kiters and bad dealers
Sounds like you know more about us than we do. Guys thanks for the support, we really appreciate it and yes we don't let comments like this stop us.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:
The guys at XL down in Ft. Walton Beach are experts at light wind kiting, and know what they are talking about.
:thumb: :cheers:

Expert Average Joe Kite Review- Light wind kites ....should be the title of the thread

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:25 pm

My Bad. Pissing contests are counterproductive. :bye:
Last edited by KYLakeKiter on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”