Lmrutledge
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Average Joe Kite Review- Light wind kites

Postby Lmrutledge » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:16 am

Old N Broken,

How would you rate the Wainman Big Mama for Low End GRUNT?

Thanks

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:20 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
Aummm wrote:I agree :thumb: And if they copied the 15.5m Batwing they would have a kite which would relaunch and stay in the air a little better
and start riding upwind earlier than the Infinity but up to 30 mph winds range with a smaller kite :lol:
Absolute horseshit, that kite was crap, and like most of the time, you are talking out of your as.s.
Seriously if you flown both you wouldn't want to live with the Infinity's limited 5 mph range & getting tea bagged :nono:
Attachments
Pimps-Bull.jpg
Pimps-Bull.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:22 am

Xtream wrote:OB Never claimed to see if I could get a response from YOU Old Broken (Ego Issues dude) I said Epic Fan Boys...Well Guess who showed up #1 Fan boy.
Now you bringing God into this You are one sick dude.. Get Some Help man...
Like I said more bullshit from fan boys YOU have not even flow the kite. WOW...
You just finished making up a lie to cover why you posted your ignorant conclusions when you decided to jump on a bandwagon a couple pages back.
You crafted that lie saying you posted to solicit fan boys response and identified me as #1, so I think your communication was pretty clear.
Actually, I'm fairly certain there is no God, but I like the slogan that God hates liars, because it illustrates how low I feel about them.
I posted a comment calling your original post horseshit, did not come to talk about my time on monster lightwind kites, I don't like monster kites, as I've said elsewhere on the forum in the past.
But I have flown V1 & V2 Infinity and a Fat Lady and many, many MoMi kites and you have not, so I could spot your original horseshit post for what it was.
You are a guy claiming your current lightwind kite is good from 10-30 mph/8.6-26 knots and that it jumps well enough to take too long to let you down...and you are whining about it?
So I don't think much you have to say about lightwind kites is gonna hold water.
Gotta be done with you for now, made my point, your original post was rather stupid.

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:33 am

Yes the point you made is very clear.... Crystal.. Its clearly states that your full of SHIT.
You have ZERO Credibility on this Forum and just a windbag bully and a friggin atheist to boot... WOW. WOW and WOW (I really need to apologize i just can't help myself) Sorry Dude....
You never flew the kite that is being reviewed back to back with other kites.
Actually all you really needed as a response to my post was what you just said last.
"your original post was rather stupid" I would have respected that....

This is what this tread is all about
Average Joes light wind kite review and as OceanAdventures has so gracefully stated I will recap with their review

I believe the actual review has been lost behind all the needless defense. So here is it again in summary.

In lighter winds, 9knots and below the Infinity wants to pull you down wind and it is hard to hold any line. 10-12 knots it's a decent kite with plenty of power and starts to ride upwind better. 14 knots and up the kite gets overpowering and is not as comfortable to fly.

Dimitri's videos just reinforce all of these points.

The point why we don't recommend this kite in light wind is because there are kites that you can ride upwind in less wind, and ride past 13-14 knots and still be comfortable and having fun.

Most people are not going to buy a large light wind kite and then have a 14m kite also. Bigger guys will have fun on their light wind kite until the wind is too much and then will ride a 13-12m kite.

You could go out and get a C-kite and probably get just as good performance in the small wind range of the Infinity, without the good relaunch of course. And guys who's style would compliment the infinity would probably be happier with a c-style kite.

They were talking about how they were getting big air in 10 knots back in 1999, so in our opinion the Infinity, which when it came out in the beginning had speed on the bigger light wind kites, now really as nothing to offer different that other kites now do better in a bigger range of winds.

X
Last edited by Xtream on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimovo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Thornton beach
Favorite Beaches: Would love to have time to travel to find out!
Gear: Eclipse Nano 9m

Postby jimovo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 am

Xtream wrote:You have ZERO Credibility on this Forum and just a windbag bully and a friggin atheist to boot... WOW. WOW and WOW (I really need to apologize
Just to whip it into a frenzy....

Perhaps you could explain why one should apologize for being a 'friggin athiest'? Does 'friggin' have some definition that I am not aware of that describes some heinous character attribute??? Being an 'athiest' alone certainly does not. OldnBroken may be 'fairly certain there is no God' but I for one, am as certain as one can be. Do I need to apologize too?

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:46 am

jimovo wrote:
Xtream wrote:You have ZERO Credibility on this Forum and just a windbag bully and a friggin atheist to boot... WOW. WOW and WOW (I really need to apologize
Just to whip it into a frenzy....

Perhaps you could explain why one should apologize for being a 'friggin athiest'? Does 'friggin' have some definition that I am not aware of that describes some heinous character attribute??? OldnBroken may be 'fairly certain there is no God' but I for one, am as certain as one can be. Do I need to apologize too?
I think you read my message wrong... I stated I really need to apologize for my comments.
At least that's what I intended to get across.
X

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 am

Lmrutledge wrote:Old N Broken,

How would you rate the Wainman Big Mama for Low End GRUNT?

Thanks
I like the kite very much, it has plenty of power and the pull out of the hole is much fun, has more grunt power than my Zephyr did and more than the Renegade 13M, more than my 14M SS Turbo 2 and less than the initial grunt of the Infinity, a bit more than the Fuel 17M I had back some years ago.
My buddy who sold me the kite is 265 pounds and this kite worked very well for him,
He used the Mama and a 9M Smoke and that was his quiver...He has given up kiting and moved on to PPG flying.
The Mama goes upwind great, and drifts downwind just as well, relaunch is fantastic.
Turning is quick and powerful like all the Wainman kites, and the turn can be tight and somewhat pivotal if you like, but also can be tuned to be more open and C kite like.
The Wainman kites have more adjustment in tuning than any other kite I've ever owned.
The large leading edge and 15M size hold it back from being a kite to compete with the latest lightwind monsters, but it was not designed to be that.
It is great in 10-20 mph, it will go higher but not recommended, I'm at 185 pounds.
I call a fast turning lower aspect kite, a grunty kite....but I have no interest in arguing the definition of low end grunt with anybody in the mood to fight about it.
The Wainman kites in general are a blast to fly, they are just very engaging kites.
Their 9M Smoke is the most fun kite ever to just bomb around on, just a blast at the bar..zoom, zoom. The medium sized Wainman kites don't boost like some boost specific kites do but they are meant for surfing waves, flatwater unhooked freestyle, and to be a great all arounder for general kiting.
These opinions apply to me...where I kite...how I ride.
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:38 am

Xtream wrote:Yes the point you made is very clear.... Crystal.. Its clearly states that your full of SHIT.
You have ZERO Credibility on this Forum and just a windbag bully and a friggin atheist to boot... WOW. WOW and WOW (I really need to apologize i just can't help myself) Sorry Dude....
You never flew the kite that is being reviewed back to back with other kites.
Actually all you really needed as a response to my post was what you just said last.
"your original post was rather stupid" I would have respected that....
Full of shite?..You started by talking about a kite you've only seen in pictures and video....I made commentary about your post.
Credibility?..I'm not sure you're even reporting accurate facts about the kite that you currently own! (10-30mph?).
As far as being a windbag, the information I pass along is about gear I know, like the feedback given about the Big Mama.
I did not say I'm an Atheist, I said I'm not sure there is a God, that would be Agnostic.
After you asked, I made clear that I've flown Infinity V1 & V2, owned the V2 & V3 version of the R13, and have felt firsthand the changes made between them, take that information however you like.
I never bully anybody, unless they shite talk to begin with,...so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you just keep doing it.
No need to apologize to me, Epic/Dimitri/Infinity is what you keep trying to punch holes in...over and over and over again.
You're not posting from experience, you just keep cutting and pasting the words of others....not useful and not credible....so just more shite.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 am

Wow all we need is politics and we've covered all the bases here....

I'm going to my room I just can't stand the fighting anymore ...lol :D

Remember it's only kites we are talking about here...just kites. :D

Anyone ridden the 13.5m core X3 s a light wind kite (for a lighter fellow)...got a 12m down to demo because stuff me if I can find anything worth while review wise on this kite.

What's up with that??

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 am

Westozzy wrote:Wow all we need is politics and we've covered all the bases here....

I'm going to my room I just can't stand the fighting anymore ...lol :D
Sorry Eppo, I will let it go and leave it be.

Return to “Kitesurfing”