Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core Bar...How do they do it?

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:12 pm

ed257 wrote: This is what a longer bar does...

A longer bar will pull the outside steering lines a longer distance for a given amount of bar movement. Imagine that your bar is in neutral (horizontal) and you pull on one side. For the same bar angle a longer bar will pull the steering line a longer distance for than a shorter bar will. So, the shorter bar will need to be pulled further from horizontal to achieve the same steering input to the kite.

Ed
Yes agreed
But too long of a bar may affect kites shape and performance in some instances
By pulling maybe too much on one steering line you are also slacking too much the other one

May distort kite while turning kite hard

The smaller you can make a bar to get the job done is what is important

Seem to me from what i experienced with Sensor bar...
.... that the 19 turns at at great rate of speed and loops cleanly and Ez on a rather short 52 cm bar

Making that bar to 55cm or 60cm for example would only make the kite over sensitive to steering

I remember some my custom made pulley bars in the days for my smaller kites

@30cm....12 inches ....it got the job done real good...then

:pump: :surf: :sun:

The Captain
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Bar...How do they do it?

Postby The Captain » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:50 am

dyyylan. You noticed too. No answer.

How is a kite designed differently knowing there will be a certain bar size...like Cores 19m with their not so big 52cm bar? I could see how a trailing edge bridle could bring the steering lines in closer to the center, making required steering throw less, but not the case with most kites (except foils and the Cronix, off the top of my head. I am sure there are more). Lower aspect will make the kite less wide and deeper, which would also make a difference.

So... how do they do it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”