Average Joe Kite Review - OR Flite 17m

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Average Joe Kite Review - OR Flite 17m

Postby L0KI » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:18 pm

SupaEZ wrote:What is your kite bigger than 14.0?......is it a 14.5 Big Mama ?.....or a 17?
....what brand?....what year ?
What is your low end ?
Why don't you like light wind ?
It shows on the thread that you did some editing at 3:05 am....what time was it really in Texas ? :sleeping:
So many questions!
Wainman Big Mama 15M currently...Epic Renegade 13M, Ozone Zephyr 17M, North Rebel 14M, SS Turbo2 14M, SS Octane 16M, SS Fuel 17M, SS Machine 17.5, SS Machine 20.5, SS Machine 25M.
The Wainman Big Mama 15M and the Epic Renegade 13M are my favorite light wind kites.
Both perfect for inland lake winds, which are different than coastal wind.
We have no need for the massive kites anymore, most of the crew here has sold off our Zephyrs and Turbines and Contras and Fat Ladies and Flysurfers and bought good lightwind directional boards.
If we can't have fun on those, we find something else fun to do in Austin Texas.
Not really a matter of not liking light wind...coastal light wind is a piece of cake...and when we are at the coast, any of our local crew could fly any of these new lightwind kites and be happy.
But our light winds are not what you folks are used to, they provide a different set of challenges
...and the criteria that the XL guys are using to judge a kites viability, have little to do with what we judge a kite by.
What time?...Just after 1:00 was my last post or edit last night, not sure where the time disconnect is between Florida (whatever clock you are using) and Texas (the clock I'm looking at) but please don't worry yourself about when I am asleep or awake, my doctor says my sleep patterns are fine and that my internal systems are running like a man 20 years my junior....lucky me!
I am just grateful that I have the luxury to get up when I please and go to bed when I please, it is nice owning my own businesses. :thumb:

Enough off topic chit chat....
Back to talking about how awesome it is to float the Flite 17M above your head...on the beach...in 5 mph. :wink:

(Edited just for fun) :lol:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:What is your kite bigger than 14.0?......is it a 14.5 Big Mamma ?..or a 17....what brand..what year ?
What is your low end ?
It shows on the thread that you did some editing at 3:05 am....what time was it really in Texas ? :sleeping:
Big Mama 15M currently...Renegade 13M, Zephyr 17M, Rebel 14M, Turbo2 14M, Octane 16M, SS Fuel 17M, SS Machine 17.5, SS Machine 20.5, SS Machine 25M.
The Wainman Big Mama 15M and the Epic Renegade 13M are both perfect for inland lake light winds, which are far different than coastal wind.
We have no need for the massive kites anymore, most of the crew here has sold off our Zephyrs and Turbines and Contras and Fat Ladies and Flysurfers and bought good lightwind directional boards.
If we can't have fun on those, we find something else fun to do in our beautiful city.
Not really a matter of not liking light wind, coastal light wind is a piece of cake, and when we are at the coast, any of our local crew could fly any of these new lightwind kites and be very happy, but our light winds are not what you folks are used to, they provide a different set of challenges and the criteria that the XL guys are using to judge a kites viability, have little to do with what we judge a kite by.
Just after one was my last post or edit last night, not sure where the time disconnect is between Florida (whatever clock you are using) and Texas (the clock I'm looking at) but please don't worry yourself about when I am asleep or awake, my doctor says my sleep patterns are fine and that my internal systems are running like a man 20 years my junior....lucky me!
I am just grateful that I have the luxury to get up when I please and go to bed when I please, it's nice owning my own businesses. :thumb:

Enough off topic chit chat....back to talking about how awesome it is to float the Flite 17M above your head on the beach in 5 mph. :bye:
Way too long of an answer...but it's a keeper..so i am quoting it....so it can't be edited

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm

SupaEZ wrote:What is your kite bigger than 14.0?
......is it a 14.5 Big Mama ?
...or a 17?
....what brand?
..what year ?
What is your low end ?
....what time was it really in Texas ?
SupaEZ wrote:Way too long of an answer....
You asked me 8 questions!!! ... Make up your mind!!...don't ask, if you don't want to know!!! :lol:
Now try to stay on topic! :D

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:50 am

Let's see you guys test the Big Mama.

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am

big mama is not a light wind kite at all

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 am

U might be surprised. It may even Sing like one of the other kites!

:desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :housewife: :housewife: :housewife: :kiff:

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 pm

One thing that is of interest to me that never gets mentioned in reviews is the flag-out.

The Flite looks like it flags out to both front lines.
I've been very happy with my Cab Crossbows because the IDS makes it very easy to drift launch and pack down the kite.

Does the Flite flag out as well as the Crossbow did on IDS?

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:13 pm

ronnie wrote:One thing that is of interest to me that never gets mentioned in reviews is the flag-out.

I've been very happy with my Cab Crossbows because the IDS makes it very easy to drift launch and pack down the kite.

Yes, it flags just like the IDS system.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:34 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:
ronnie wrote:One thing that is of interest to me that never gets mentioned in reviews is the flag-out.

Thanks. It so happens that the best spot near me suits drift launch and packdown. Some of my windsurfing friends have been asking about starting kitesurfing with one kite and board in light winds and the Flight might be the ticket.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:38 pm

ronnie wrote:
OceanAdventures wrote:

Thanks. It so happens that the best spot near me suits drift launch and packdown. Some of my windsurfing friends have been asking about starting kitesurfing with one kite and board in light winds and the Flight might be the ticket.
Flite and Origin board combo has been killer for a lot of people. I can't keep the kites on my shelf.

Return to “Kitesurfing”