RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.RogueKiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick Connect Kite Line Management Tool

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:53 pm

FREE CONTEST OPEN WORLDWIDE!

On behalf of Rogue Kiteboarding we'd like to offer you an opportunity to win a brand new Quick Connect. If you haven't heard of it by now, here's a quick Intro & Demo:...

To participate in the contest simply upload a picture of one of your launch sites. Photo must be added to this forum thread. We are interested in seeing the best of "the worst" in launch sites (i.e. small, crowded and/or sketchy, the worst the better). Extra points for added humor and creativity! :thumb:

CONTEST RULES:
We'll pick a winner on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. Winner to be announced and notified by Thursday, February 27, 2014. The Winner will then have 24 hours to contact us with full name and mailing address. If we do not hear back from the Winner within the allowed time, a different Winner will be announced on Saturday, March 1, 2014.

Good Luck!
RK Team
Attachments
DSCN3112 (2).jpg
Quick Connect
Line Management Tool
By RogueKiteboarding.com
Last edited by RogueKiteboarding on Thu May 29, 2014 4:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Win a FREE Quick Connect! New Line Management Tool.

Postby eree » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm

wow, that girl on video has hairy manly hands! :)

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

eree wrote:wow, that girl on video has hairy manly hands! :)
We were thinking the same thing when we did the video!! lol!
Last edited by RogueKiteboarding on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

blazeheli
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui/ Cocoa Beach Fl
Style: Freeride
Gear: Airush

Postby blazeheli » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Upload photos here or your website?

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm

blazeheli wrote:Upload photos here or your website?

Yes, right here on this thread :thumb:

blazeheli
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui/ Cocoa Beach Fl
Style: Freeride
Gear: Airush

Postby blazeheli » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:34 pm

The pink shirt gives me priority rigging - but a Quick Connect would have been ever better! :wink:
Attachments
552376_474445222566505_1268305702_n.jpg

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

actually it seems like working solution to me.
everybody knows lines are different. there are lines that just love to tangle and there are lines that unwind without the problems.

but...
even if this line management tool costs same as Robertsons' duck call i see one obstacle that won't make you a millionaire. overwhelming majority of the kiters don't like to carry any additional stuff to the beach.
not so much because it is heavy, but because you have to store all those thingies somewhere and you still leaving them on the beach at the end of the day and losing them.
i could buy these line organizers for every of my bars, but in two month i'll probably end up without them. so knowing this i'm not going to buy them.
there are always some kiter on the beach who looks like the Arnold from the Commando prepared to invade the island. he has sunglasses, reel-leash, helmet with the camera mount, safety or impact vest, gloves, line cutter knife(s), camel back hydration system, knee guards, all the bells and whistles (literally), you can ask him for screwdriver for tightening your board strap screws and he has it. but he is one of the hundred.

i think this kind of line organizers or any other small useful tools should be made as a part of some main kiteboarding gear so you can not forget it on the beach at the end of the day. may be a part of the pump, or bar, or bar holster, or kite bag, or may be even flip-flops, who knows?

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:56 pm

blazeheli wrote:The pink shirt gives me priority rigging - but a Quick Connect would have been ever better! :wink:
:lol: Now thats a strong start!
Last edited by RogueKiteboarding on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 pm

How do you use it on 5th Element North bar?

Thats what I am using, however I am only adding it in after I wound up the lines till about 4m from the kite:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3200 ... ua_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3200 ... vx_jpg.htm

Yes, its usually used like this ;)

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:10 am

Babel wrote:How do you use it on 5th Element North bar?

Thats what I am using, however I am only adding it in after I wound up the lines till about 4m from the kite:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3200 ... ua_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3200 ... vx_jpg.htm

Yes, its usually used like this ;)

Hi Babel,

Some of us here at RK remember doing that same clamping off type approach after winding up our lines back in the early days of kite surfing. Though, this may help with reconnecting your lines to the correct corresponding points, it doesn't address the unavoidable twisting of the lines that is occurring when you’re winding up by hand alone.

As a result, we’d end up needing to spin the bar multiple times all while trying to figure out if we’re even spinning the bar in the right direction. Many times even worse than this, you pull tension on those twisted up lines and then they end up knotting up. After a few too many experiences of these types’ of scenarios, we quickly scratch the whole clamping method. You definitely do not have these issues using Quick Connect.

For your question regarding on how to use Quick Connect on a 5th element bar, on the video you’ll note that the Quick Connect is used on the kite lines only. Snap in connection to the kite lines is initiated just beyond the leader lines and center lines. The objective is to maintain lines in order throughout the winding up process and preventing any possible twists. In a 5th line bar or even a 4 line bar, If you there is an attachment point that doesn't fit through the line guide, you unsnap that particular line, by pass that point and snap back in the line continuing with an orderly winding up. Its’ applicable to any bar.

Hope that helps to answer your question
Last edited by RogueKiteboarding on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”