Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Quick Connect Kite Line Management Tool

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Quick Connect Contest Winner Announced!

Postby Laughingman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Hello http://www.roguekiteboarding.com
I just received the Quick Connect line management tool you sent me. Wow this is really well thought out, as I stated earlier I have been using the Cabrinha line manager up till now, I am really looking forward to giving this one a go. I will give you my thoughts once I get back from Cuba in April as it is still well below -10°C here.
The storage box is a nice touch (although I think I will likely use that as a small repair kit case instead of a storage box for the Quick Connect...)

Thanks so much

Pete

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.RogueKiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Laughingman wrote:Hello http://www.roguekiteboarding.com
I just received the Quick Connect line management tool you sent me. Wow this is really well thought out, as I stated earlier I have been using the Cabrinha line manager up till now, I am really looking forward to giving this one a go. I will give you my thoughts once I get back from Cuba in April as it is still well below -10°C here.
The storage box is a nice touch (although I think I will likely use that as a small repair kit case instead of a storage box for the Quick Connect...)

Thanks so much

Pete
Hi Pete

We're very glad you liked it. We're also looking forward to hearing back from you when you get the chance of putting it into play... if u have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Take care,
RK Team

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm

RogueKiteboarding wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Hello http://www.roguekiteboarding.com

Thanks so much

Pete
Hi Pete

We're very glad you liked it. We're also looking forward to hearing back from you when you get the chance of putting it into play... if u have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Take care,
RK Team
Okay so I ended up going to Roatan instead of Cuba... and I am glad I brought this small tool with me. The beaches there are very narrow, not well maintained, lots of debris to get your lines hooked up on if you lay them out so I was
1. glad to be the first one ready so I could always get a launch
2. happy to not have to run out my lines and get tangled in the debris.
So I didn't really have the space at the resort to run my lines out so I just unspooled them and then used the QuickConnect to re wrap my bar... a few nice benefits of this is you don't need a lot of space, and if there are any twists in your lines they get pushed out to the end once finished the elastic holds the QC in place, all in all it works as advertised, once at the beach, remove each line from the QC place them on the sand in order you remove them and then attach them to your kite. At the end of the day wrap you bar downwind of your kite, remove the lines laying them in order on the ground, and then place them one at a time into the QC. if you do this each time you will never have to run out your lines again unless you have to self rescue or something and you have a birds nest.
I've ordered 3 more.

Thanks
Pete

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Okay so I ended up going to Roatan instead of Cuba... and I am glad I brought this small tool with me. The beaches there are very narrow, not well maintained, lots of debris to get your lines hooked up on if you lay them out so I was
1. glad to be the first one ready so I could always get a launch
2. happy to not have to run out my lines and get tangled in the debris.
So I didn't really have the space at the resort to run my lines out so I just unspooled them and then used the QuickConnect to re wrap my bar... a few nice benefits of this is you don't need a lot of space, and if there are any twists in your lines they get pushed out to the end once finished the elastic holds the QC in place, all in all it works as advertised, once at the beach, remove each line from the QC place them on the sand in order you remove them and then attach them to your kite. At the end of the day wrap you bar downwind of your kite, remove the lines laying them in order on the ground, and then place them one at a time into the QC. if you do this each time you will never have to run out your lines again unless you have to self rescue or something and you have a birds nest.
I've ordered 3 more.

Thanks
Pete
Thanks again for your comments Pete... we love feedback and happy customers :-)
RK Team

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Slappysan » Thu May 29, 2014 1:47 am

I've been using my Quick Connect for 3-4 sessions now and it has replaced my Time Manager ( http://kitelauncher.com/about/time-manager/ ) as my line tool.

Pros:
- makes running your lines quite easy
- small enough to keep in my harness' pocket so I have it right when I need to roll up

Cons:
- I worry that the 3D printed plastic will harm my lines when snapping in/out, a friend of mine has a soft material called Ninja Flex that I would much rather it was printed out of
- the rubber strap feels like it wont last

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Thu May 29, 2014 4:01 am

Slappysan wrote:I've been using my Quick Connect for 3-4 sessions now and it has replaced my Time Manager ( http://kitelauncher.com/about/time-manager/ ) as my line tool.

Pros:
- makes running your lines quite easy
- small enough to keep in my harness' pocket so I have it right when I need to roll up

Cons:
- I worry that the 3D printed plastic will harm my lines when snapping in/out, a friend of mine has a soft material called Ninja Flex that I would much rather it was printed out of
- the rubber strap feels like it wont last

Thanks for your feedback and we are very happy to hear that you are benefiting from your QC.

We’d like to ease a few of the concerns you may have. The rubber strap we use is not made out of standard rubber. It’s made from a high quality Silicone material that is more resistant to breakage, as well as being UV resistant. Nevertheless, we know that nothing can last forever. Even though we haven’t yet had to, we would be more than willing to offer a replacement strap if ever needed.

The plastic used in QC is ABS material. Known to be one of the most durable plastics, while still allowing some flex. Having used QC multiple times over a season, I personally have not experience any excessive line wear due snapping in and out of my own QC. However, I know not all kite lines are made the same. If your lines are a bit on the thick side, I would perhaps suggest making a few passes with sand paper (400+ grit) through the snap in points, but be careful not to over-do it.

On the same note, we are in the process of testing TPE material (aka Ninjaflex). We want to make sure it works well before offering it for sale. We’ll make sure to let you know first hand once we have a final product :thumb: .

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Phil
RK Team

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Quick Connect Kite Line Management Tool

Postby Westozzy » Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 am

Phil any feedback on that control bar of yours?

Also laughingman, when you pack up sounds like you aren't running the quick connect from the bar up, but just winding as normal then putting line ends on as per your old cab line manager. Is that right?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Thu May 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Westozzy wrote:Phil any feedback on that control bar of yours?

Also laughingman, when you pack up sounds like you aren't running the quick connect from the bar up, but just winding as normal then putting line ends on as per your old cab line manager. Is that right?
Yes, as long as the lines are attached to the kite there is no need to run the manager from the bar to the end, just wrap your lines as usual and place the bar down a few meters from the kite, and disconnect each line in order and place them in the keeper... being very careful not to spin around.

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks for your interest on our control bar. We recently sold the last of our trial batch and some of the feedback is starting to come in. The majority of the guys who acquired the control bar were mostly interested in it for wave type riding and long downwinders. The feedback in those respects is very promising. For the most part, the guys have been able to maintain a comfortable one handed bar control, while significantly decreasing the need to come across with their opposite hand to assist in control bar inputs. Though we are in the early phase of feedback, the concept looks good in many respects.

Thanks again for your interest,
Phil

RogueKiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby RogueKiteboarding » Thu May 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Laughingman wrote:

Yes, as long as the lines are attached to the kite there is no need to run the manager from the bar to the end, just wrap your lines as usual and place the bar down a few meters from the kite, and disconnect each line in order and place them in the keeper... being very careful not to spin around.

Hi Laughinman, glad to hear your getting good use out of your QC too!

Just a curious question on the method you’re using. Do you find yourself needing to spin your bar often after connecting your lines? I only ask because that was many times a common occurrence for us when trying that method. As to avoid this from happening, that’s our main reasoning behind running the QC up the lines.

Thanks
Phil

Return to “Kitesurfing”