Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The danger of leashes

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4050
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: wishing I could whore myself out to get free gear, but nope

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby edt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

przemj wrote:
sijandy wrote:Haha, thought it was a joke at first, it looks f****** ridiculous. It 'sails its way back to you' haha, this sport can be really lame!!!


I think you and several other people miss the point. Sure, f***** the sailing back feature, but thanks to that balloon extending over the water (or forcing the board several centimeters up if it is on back) you can see your board in pretty wavy water conditions when carried away after a fuck-up. But you can do with cheap children floaties, too :) Without that feature I would loose my board several times during first years of kiting (I'm using it still - board is money :)). Of course on the flat its less useful :)



Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

I have lost for good a very expensive nobile board because it was dark brown. What genius made a board this color hmmm? Anyway if I had a gojo on it I could have spotted the board and saved myself a lot of money.

So I understand all about the gojo. I still don't use them because they don't look good in pictures, but if you can handle the look go for it!

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby Tone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm

edt wrote:
przemj wrote:
sijandy wrote:Haha, thought it was a joke at first, it looks f****** ridiculous. It 'sails its way back to you' haha, this sport can be really lame!!!


I think you and several other people miss the point. Sure, f***** the sailing back feature, but thanks to that balloon extending over the water (or forcing the board several centimeters up if it is on back) you can see your board in pretty wavy water conditions when carried away after a fuck-up. But you can do with cheap children floaties, too :) Without that feature I would loose my board several times during first years of kiting (I'm using it still - board is money :)). Of course on the flat its less useful :)



Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

I have lost for good a very expensive nobile board because it was dark brown. What genius made a board this color hmmm?
!


The same kind of genius that buys them!?

;)

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4050
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: wishing I could whore myself out to get free gear, but nope

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby edt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Tone wrote:
The same kind of genius that buys them!?

;)



I was riding a friend's board and had to buy it from him after I tried it because the first time it went into the drink it was gone. Would never buy a board that color for myself.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby Tone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 pm

edt wrote:
Tone wrote:
The same kind of genius that buys them!?

;)



I was riding a friend's board and had to buy it from him after I tried it because the first time it went into the drink it was gone. Would never buy a board that color for myself.


fair point.

sucks for your friend though...

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4050
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: wishing I could whore myself out to get free gear, but nope

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby edt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Tone wrote:
edt wrote:
Tone wrote:
The same kind of genius that buys them!?

;)



I was riding a friend's board and had to buy it from him after I tried it because the first time it went into the drink it was gone. Would never buy a board that color for myself.


fair point.

sucks for your friend though...


I paid for his board he got a new one. The problem is especially nobile they make certain boards only in these really dark colors that are impossible to find in the water, and they are really good boards.

Image


It's not like they hate bright colors they have other models that are easy to see, but every year they make a model that just disappears when you lose it.
that's their XTR the only way to spot it is by looking for the orange fins.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby ronnie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

A guy using the carabiner that solves this problem - if you spin the knurled sleeve to lock it.

It takes an extra second out of your life though every time you use it.


sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby sijandy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 pm

przemj wrote:I think you and several other people miss the point.

Na i definitely didn't!

edt wrote:Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

gods way of punishing footstraps i guess :lol:

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4050
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: wishing I could whore myself out to get free gear, but nope

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby edt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 pm

sijandy wrote:
przemj wrote:I think you and several other people miss the point.

Na i definitely didn't!

edt wrote:Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

gods way of punishing footstraps i guess :lol:


cant megaloop in boots bro. I mean, not recommended. Also I do like the boardoffs.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby Tone » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 am

edt wrote:
sijandy wrote:
przemj wrote:I think you and several other people miss the point.

Na i definitely didn't!

edt wrote:Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

gods way of punishing footstraps i guess :lol:


cant megaloop in boots bro. I mean, not recommended. Also I do like the boardoffs.


OK, I want to see a photo of someone doing a megaloop with a GOJO floaty thing attached.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The danger of leashes

Postby sijandy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:57 pm

edt wrote:
sijandy wrote:
przemj wrote:I think you and several other people miss the point.

Na i definitely didn't!

edt wrote:Agree that's the real reason to get a gojo you never lose the board, spot it from a mile away.

gods way of punishing footstraps i guess :lol:


cant megaloop in boots bro. I mean, not recommended. Also I do like the boardoffs.


Yeh you can. Only time i've really hurt myself looping was in straps the one time that i've tried em, bindings much better! Wern't most of em in bindings doing the king of the air anyway, which is a megaloop comp no?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], faklord, gmb13, John-B, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests