All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Drysuit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 pm 
Frequent Poster

wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand or product

Drysuit on ebay-http://www.ebay.com/itm/111274997324

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Drysuit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

I can't tell for sure, but that looks like an older style Kokatat drysuit. They make good stuff, but I'd be wary of an older drysuit. Even if it's "Brand New, in the package, etc...", the rubber seals on the ankles/sleeves/neck may have dry rotted. Now, you MAY be able to get them replaced and still come out ahead. I don't know the answer to that. My guess is that since that kind of suit is usually anywhere from $800-$1100, and this EBAY suit is $300, there's a reason. Good luck.

Disclaimer: I sell several brands of drysuits, including Kokatat.

Post subject: Re: Drysuit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 pm 
Rare Poster

I bought a similar drysuit off Ebay several years ago. I've used it every Spring and Fall and it's still like new. Mine was also $300, shipped from China, and was more than half the price of the name brand suit it looked identical too. I believe they are coming out of the same factory with and without, name brand badges. My suit was like new, fresh, and well packaged.

I have ordered many things from China via Ebay. They have always been just as advertised and shipped very quickly. No problems ever.

The only issue I've had with my drysuit is that I eventually grew tried of the nylon socks, so last year I cut them off and glued on some standard ankle seals. Also from Ebay! Easy fix and now I have a suit that's even more comfortable!

[ 3 posts ]