Forum for kitesurfers
BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Safe student launch?

Postby BWD » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 am

Use what?
Fakebook?
That makes no sense.
BTW that bit about the "HARD dragging" on the beach for beginners is just to get a rise out of me, or someone, isn't it?
This sounds like an great way to find beercans or dog poo with your toes.
Maybe not on your beach that you patrol with a rake and a metal detector every morning, but in the real world.
Even in the 'bu in soft sand it could be a great way for a slight mistake to lead to a blown out knee, or getting launched and breaking a neck.
I haven't heard such foolishness about instruction since 2003.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RichardM » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 am

BWD wrote:Use what?
Fakebook?
That makes no sense.
BTW that bit about the "HARD dragging" on the beach for beginners is just to get a rise out of me, or someone, isn't it?
This sounds like an great way to find beercans or dog poo with your toes.
Maybe not on your beach that you patrol with a rake and a metal detector every morning, but in the real world.
Even in the 'bu in soft sand it could be a great way for a slight mistake to lead to a blown out knee, or getting launched and breaking a neck.
I haven't heard such foolishness about instruction since 2003.
Use the photo you posted.

Actually, the beaches we teach at usually don't have enough of the stuff you mention to keep the students focused, so I usually place punji sticks in various patterns so they have to concentrate harder. When that gets too easy, I add a couple of small land mines.

However, now, thanks to your well thought out heads up, I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board. No, wait - all I have to do is go back and study your informative and accurate posts and then I'll know ALL the BEST ways to do EVERYTHING. What would I do without your expert guidance ? Thanks again.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sijandy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 am

The irony of Super Safety man ruining another 'safety' thread with his bullshit again, haha, i was even agreeing with most of what you were saying until the gay bumming session with BWD. That really you in the white tux? :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”