All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Board compatible with Naish Apex pads
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Even on my LF board I have to start threading the screw at like a 60 degree angle. Once you get one thread in it pushes the pad into position. This way there is zero movement once it's connected to the board.

I suppose even if it's 1mm off it might be difficult or impossible to get it on to a different board.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm 
Medium Poster

dyyylan wrote:
Even on my LF board I have to start threading the screw at like a 60 degree angle. .

You are almost certainly cross threading your insert. No insert of any make should bite at 60 degrees, they all go in at bang on 90.

Naish Apex DO NOT fit on a Shinn Monkforever. Several of us in a big kiteshop shop tried today. The insert of Naish and shinn are
different spacings, they are out by around 8mm or so. The guys that got them on other shinn board are either bodging them on at a really bad angle or are cross threading their inserts and knackering the board.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:24 am 
Very Frequent Poster

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
dyyylan wrote:
Even on my LF board I have to start threading the screw at like a 60 degree angle. .

You are almost certainly cross threading your insert. No insert of any make should bite at 60 degrees, they all go in at bang on 90.

Naish Apex DO NOT fit on a Shinn Monkforever. Several of us in a big kiteshop shop tried today. The insert of Naish and shinn are
different spacings, they are out by around 8mm or so. The guys that got them on other shinn board are either bodging them on at a really bad angle or are cross threading their inserts and knackering the board.

It does go in at 90, once you get it into the hole

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:39 am 
Medium Poster

BillyGoatGruff wrote:

Naish Apex DO fit on a Shinn Monkforever.

Billy and everyone else. I have corrected your post for accuracy
See below

As you can see they do fit a Monk Forever giving full adjustment. I hope this clears this up :lol:

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
The guys that got them on other shinn board are either bodging them on at a really bad angle or are cross threading their inserts and knackering the board.

Or maybe you & or the shop are tightening one side up before they put the other side in?

I can assure you I am certainly not forcing anything nor am I cross threading the screw to get it in.
It took me 5minutes to change over the pads this morning. And I am not the most patient of people

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I was just going through my photo library and noticed I actually took a picture at some point when I got my bindings because I thought it was off. So this is totally normal.

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3