Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Chrono - High Performance DePower Foil For All Sur

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 am

Tone wrote:Ozone made foil kite, then tube kites and foil kites and now a water foil kite - people lose their mind about it! :)

Flysurfer make foils, more foils, even more foils then a tube kite and no one even notices.

Amazing.
No one gives a shit about flysurfers and their latest butterfly silk material cuz they have never been successful in racing in any way shape or form.....but when ferrari comes up with a race car, people notice.

The interesting thing about the chrono is that Ozone, a company who REALLY knows their shit when it comes to kites and flying things (both inflatables and foils) made the edge, a kite that the designer openly admits was never specifically designed to be a race kite, but just happened to kick the crap out of every inflatable kite made for racing for the last 4-5 years.

Then with the chrono they actually decided to apply themselves and designed a kite specifically for racing and ended up settling on a foil..... This is why people are losing their minds. The best racing manufacturer just came up with a new model......that based on aspect ratio alone looks like it SHOULD be faster than anything on the market (at least on the upwind legs) .

Pretty stoked to see how some experienced lightwind kiters, racers and foilers feel about this thing.

From the video the dude posted on the 12m it looks like it's unlikely to disappoint.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 am

Johnny Rotten wrote: No one gives a shit about flysurfers and their latest butterfly silk material cuz they have never been successful in racing in any way shape or form.....but when ferrari comes up with a race car, people notice.
I wonder where this ignorance is coming.

Women's 2013 pkra #1 was riding Flysurfers. I think she did it with Speed3 and Cronix. First one is 5 years old design and second one is all around kite. Of course the board & fins with driving skills also matter.

I don't know what is required to be successful racing in your mind if that is not enough. I wonder what is?

Going to Chrono. Ozone learned hard lesson last year trying to compete against Elf. So they copied it and Speed. And now people are hyping about it like it is new or something special. I believe Chrono is good narrow wind range race kite for closed track.

It is interesting to see what happens this year at racing scene. And I hope Chrono, Elf and Speeds are present at toughest kite race, the VAKE. There we could see if Chrono is a match for the best racing kites. Or better.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 am

joriws wrote:I wonder where this ignorance is coming.
Methinks someone has been sniffing drugs - I've heard that inhaling ozone can lean to an mental imbalance...
joriws wrote:Going to Chrono. Ozone learned hard lesson last year trying to compete against Elf. So they copied it and Speed. And now people are hyping about it like it is new or something special. I believe Chrono is good narrow wind range race kite for closed track.

It is interesting to see what happens this year at racing scene. And I hope Chrono, Elf and Speeds are present at toughest kite race, the VAKE. There we could see if Chrono is a match for the best racing kites. Or better.
Heard a rumor that an Elf rider disappeared and then popped up in the Ozone camp... now suddenly we have the Chrono :naughty: Suzuki did a similar things 70 years ago.

It's all good. I'm interested in if all that Ferrari performance in light wind comes with any costs...

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:54 am

Kamikuza wrote:
joriws wrote:I wonder where this ignorance is coming.
Methinks someone has been sniffing drugs - I've heard that inhaling ozone can lean to an mental imbalance...

Hehehehehhehe :D

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 pm

If FS had made this kite, there would be a lot of messages against it, Ozone makes it and everyone likes it. There's a lot of brand loyalty. I guess, since he hasn't posted here, PMU all along was anti-FS not anti-foil.

Years ago Ozone was about to come out with a closed cell foil when they lost a key employee to another company that came out with one, and Ozone didn't. Someone suggested this time it was the other way around.

H53Driver
Medium Poster

Postby H53Driver » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:If FS had made this kite, there would be a lot of messages against it, Ozone makes it and everyone likes it. There's a lot of brand loyalty. I guess, since he hasn't posted here, PMU all along was anti-FS not anti-foil.

Years ago Ozone was about to come out with a closed cell foil when they lost a key employee to another company that came out with one, and Ozone didn't. Someone suggested this time it was the other way around.
Oh I love a good drama! Maybe it will be adapted for Netflix.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Been thanked: 0

Postby Aummm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:If FS had made this kite, there would be a lot of messages against it, Ozone makes it and everyone likes it. There's a lot of brand loyalty.
I guess, since he hasn't posted here, PMU all along was anti-FS not anti-foil.
I agree and here is his recent quote :thumb: :lol:

A
pump me up wrote:world’s biggest ram air APOLOGISTS, Flysurfer, finally capitulated. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2380956&start=60

In addition, Sebastian Bubman and Gunnar Biniasch, the great Ram Air Hopes,
both defected to INFLATABLES. Note to the Bubmeister:
You should’ve taken my advice 6 years ago and traded-in your flying sleeping bags for inflatables - you could’ve saved your career.

In light of the capitulation of FLYSURFER this year, it is worthwhile revisiting some of the ridiculous claims
made in the past by Flysurfer and its representatives

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Westozzy wrote:Plummett what's ya read on on the depowering ability of this kite? Wind range wise...
IF the wind speed it that video is correct then these are very powerfull kites. Ozone open cell depoweres tradionally have had a lot less depower than lei's.......

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 pm

joriws wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote: No one gives a shit about flysurfers and their latest butterfly silk material cuz they have never been successful in racing in any way shape or form.....but when ferrari comes up with a race car, people notice.
Rotten is PMU :dumbo: , the kitevillage idiot's new name . His worn out arguments holding less than ever, he has to come up with new ones hoping no one would notice the subterfuge.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 pm

alexrider wrote:
joriws wrote:
Rotten is PMU :dumbo: , the kitevillage idiot's new name . His worn out arguments holding less than ever, he has to come up with new ones hoping no one would notice the subterfuge.
Hilarious. I was going to respond to that exact quote of his but there were just too many things packed into that one special sentence.

Return to “Kitesurfing”