chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Chrono - High Performance DePower Foil For All Sur

Postby chemosavi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:27 am

Those aren't Chronos. They're the new blimps painted to look like Chronos. Same with all the FS'es just behind the Chronos.

Just curious PMU. Do you believe in global warming? Or is it all just lies.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 am

alexrider wrote:
alexrider wrote:BREAKING NEWS!
A MAN THOUGHT TO BE PMU FOUND DEAD IN APPARENT SUICIDE!
DUDE , it's Starting to get a little bit OLD, watching you talk about yourself ; please Stop.

Bille
I held you in high very esteem, Bille, for your remarkable legless feats and even some of your posts...till now.
My heart is broken.
It looks like you don't know how a forum works, Bille; if there is a post you don't like, just ignore it and it will quickly be buried in the noise. "Don't feed the troll" goes the saying.
Furthermore, whose prerogative is it to decide what's old? PMU has been spurting his BS for 10 years, did you ever suggest PMU to stop during all that time? Whenever there was a topic about a foil kite, any foil kite, PMU would automatically, as a bot, paste his endless list of pseudo technical baloney "arguments". And now, with Ozone, an established major brand, debunking all that crap, you don't want us to savour a sweet revenge? I know some weak minds were caught by PMU's mad "rhetoric" and even supported it. You must have been one of them, dear Bille. You should be glad his points are not reposted here, one by one.
PMU is (was) part of kiteforum's furniture. It's not be the last time he will be fondly remembered every time the performance of a ram air will be mentioned.
I am just making up for the sudden and immense void created by his his silence.
Weasel and Bille. That's two to mourn PMU's disappearance. Anyone else?
I hope you appreciated the copy of the announcement is with smaller letters, in order not to offend your sudden sensitivity.

Now back to the Chrono, the new reference of performance. Long live the foils!
So why ask for him to return and fill a thread up with that BS.

The video posted from Ragnarok completely debunks the trolls nonsense, look how many inflatos were on the ground and almost all the foils were still flying and powering their riders to win or a top place.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:11 am

kitepower wrote:The video posted from Ragnarok completely debunks the trolls nonsense, look how many inflatos were on the ground and almost all the foils were still flying and powering their riders to win or a top place.
Perhaps they couldn't go directly upwind so they just couldn't be bothered launching...?

You're using the same circumstantial evidence argument that PMU is.

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby heinzbush » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 pm

personally, from what I read on the web about this kite (including the team riders who post "how great this kite is"), I get the impression that this kite is an absolute high performance power machine... like a Formula 1 car...

- The kite / car is designed with performance as a first priority, but not really made to last or easy to maintain:
... bridles like dental floss, one kiter "dared" to post that his bridle already snapped, difficult to replace, zipper might also be issue, etc.
- Not so easy to drive / fly.... but if you can handle it, you get great results:
I read many stories about the struggles to get it inflated, up in the air, etc... Not sure if it was here or on the German forum where one guy posted that they just couldn not water relaunch the kite and had about 30liters of water in it when they reached shore...

Would you guys agree with my perception? (I am not a FS owner or fan... and I don't mean this negative at all.. just sharing my "opinion" that built up after reading about the kite and seeing videos)..

For me, the question remains whether a Chrono 18 would give me (as an average joe, not a team rider, racer, professional) more lowend than a Speed 4 21 (which is so far the lowend king, very advanced over 4 generations, easy to handle and built to last).

I am not "Michael Schumacher" and I would never buy a Formula 1 car to go grocery shopping... I can take a Porsche 911 that is "built to last" and gives me similar (or even better) performance! It seems the Chrono is the F1 car... high high performance for a very specific niche...

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Having spent the last week on the Chrono 15m I seem to have the kite worked out pretty well.

It has a vastly better low end compared to the Flysurfer, but only on a high performance board. The kite works on apparent wind and getting on a slow board will not get the best from the kite (obvious statement I know)

I can plane in 5 knots @ 105kg on a raceboard.

I can jump in 6+ knots (on a raceboard)

Tacking a raceboard is easier than a LEI like the Edge and is the same as tacking on a Speed 3/4. You have the lift to keep you off the board and moving through the tack.

I'd say the 15m has the same low end as an Edge 19 on a twin tip, on a raceboard, I *think* it might get you going that little bit earlier.

The kite is certainly for advanced riders who know how to get the best from a wing. Get it right and it will reward you with amazing performance, upwind, downwind and in the air.

I have put a few vids together of me on the raceboard, if anyone wants to see them let me know.

Tony

FrederikS
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby FrederikS » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Tone wrote:Having spent the last week on the Chrono 15m I seem to have the kite worked out pretty well.

It has a vastly better low end compared to the Flysurfer, but only on a high performance board. The kite works on apparent wind and getting on a slow board will not get the best from the kite (obvious statement I know)

I can plane in 5 knots @ 105kg on a raceboard.

I can jump in 6+ knots (on a raceboard)

Tacking a raceboard is easier than a LEI like the Edge and is the same as tacking on a Speed 3/4. You have the lift to keep you off the board and moving through the tack.

I'd say the 15m has the same low end as an Edge 19 on a twin tip, on a raceboard, I *think* it might get you going that little bit earlier.

The kite is certainly for advanced riders who know how to get the best from a wing. Get it right and it will reward you with amazing performance, upwind, downwind and in the air.

I have put a few vids together of me on the raceboard, if anyone wants to see them let me know.

Tony
We all want to see it Tony! :)

H53Driver
Medium Poster

Postby H53Driver » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Tone wrote:I have put a few vids together of me on the raceboard, if anyone wants to see them let me know. Tony
What a tease, going to change your name to Tiffany or Amber.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Ok, just uploading to Vimeo.

Please remember the following facts that I am aware of;

I could lose a few pounds

I am not a raceboard pro, just a keen amateur

I REALLY like the kite

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:56 pm

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 pm

"I can plane in 5 knots @ 105kg on a raceboard.

I can jump in 6+ knots (on a raceboard)"

Hate to think what a person weighing 60kgs flying the 18 on a raceboard could do?

3 knots? nutzo

nice videos

Return to “Kitesurfing”