Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Austin, Texas??

forum for kitesurfers


coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby coleman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 pm

i guess you are going to have to spell this one out for me....

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 pm

...no strings attached..(play on words) :wink:
For those who take "their lines" off their kites

Could be because they do not own as much bars as they have kites....or...

....because they paid so much for their Austin houses :cash: :cash: :cash:

Hope you are having a good day
Hope you get to go out kiting today

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby coleman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm

SupaEZ wrote:...no strings attached..(play on words) :wink:
For those who take "their lines" off their kites

Could be because they do not own as much bars as they have kites....or...

....because they paid so much for their Austin houses :cash: :cash: :cash:

Hope you are having a good day
Hope you get to go out kiting today
i gotcha, sorry a bit slow today. not like all my other days :lol:

i will not be kiting today. gotta see clients. its blowing though in austin :angryfire:

Ddub
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:47 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: None. Land locked with a bunch of beers steers and queers.
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere the wind blows
Style: reckless abandon
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby Ddub » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:10 am

KYLakeKiter wrote: Nice new identity BTW. :lol:
I can assure you Splatnic and I are two different people. He has already posted pictures of his impressive airs, well over 2 feet off the water. Here's a video of me trying to get air. Notice how the image is cropped so you can't see that I am barely out of the water for about half a second.
But I think my singing skills more that make up for it:

http://youtu.be/-uWwmZj0GJc

User avatar
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tennessee

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby KYLakeKiter » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Ddub wrote:
KYLakeKiter wrote: Nice new identity BTW. :lol:
I can assure you Splatnic and I are two different people. He has already posted pictures of his impressive airs, well over 2 feet off the water. Here's a video of me trying to get air. Notice how the image is cropped so you can't see that I am barely out of the water for about half a second.
But I think my singing skills more that make up for it:

http://youtu.be/-uWwmZj0GJc
I wasn't necessarily saying you were Splatnik. Just making an observation based on your date you joined the forum with your first reply on this post. Fair enough though.

I must say that even though I do not agree with you and Splatnik's self loathing Austin hater mentality, you guys are pretty funny. Based on your comments, I am not sure if you guys are in Austin or in prison. :naughty: Great jump pic with animation and music. :lol:

:oops: Oh why did I let myself get drawn into making another comment on this ridiculous post :?: :oops: I need to exercise better forum discipline. :!:

roux
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Lake Pflugerville
Favorite Beaches: South Padre
Style: All
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby roux » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:58 pm

The cool thing about Austin, is that when the wind isn't blowing the boogie boarding is great.



Just watch out for the Land Sharks.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby coleman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 pm

epic land boogie boarding conditions that day roux.....killin it!

User avatar
splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:03 am
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: austin, TX

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby splatnikGanglion » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm

hahahahaha...

That was so epic. Maybe this place isn't that bad after all.

roux
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Lake Pflugerville
Favorite Beaches: South Padre
Style: All
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby roux » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm

It's widely known that Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World. Here's an impromptu show put on by a cover band "The Mofo" after a killer kite session down at the coast. Close your eyes and imagine his singing is the wind. That will give you good idea of the conditions around Austin.


User avatar
splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:03 am
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: austin, TX

Re: Austin, Texas??

Postby splatnikGanglion » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 pm

roux wrote:It's widely known that Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World. Here's an impromptu show put on by a cover band "The Mofo" after a killer kite session down at the coast. Close your eyes and imagine his singing is the wind. That will give you good idea of the conditions around Austin.
Oh man, that's rad and it brings up another great fact about Texas:

We're super courteous here. We make sure to bury all our broken glass at least 2 inches below the surface at the beach. You know...for your safety.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SonnyRider and 29 guests