Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Oh no another Epic Infinity V3 review!

Forum for kitesurfers
UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Oh no another Epic Infinity V3 review!

Postby UKSurf » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:07 am

What would be interesting would be to find out if this type of design is better for jumping in lighter winds than higher aspect ratio kites. It may well have a more explosive pop given where it sits in the window.

mede
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Lake Geneva
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Marsa Alam, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi, Ceara
Style: Foil, Strapless surf, Big Air
Gear: Kite:> Tomo Vader 5.1 HE & KS MariMacho board,
Gong YpraS Foils,
Pansh Kestrel, Kauper Falcon, Blade Trigger kites.
Wing:> Amos Shapes Sultan Custom board,
Gong YpraS + Ypra Surf Foils,
Gong UPE Aramid Droid & Neutra Wings
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mede » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:36 am

Tiago1973 wrote: don´t buy that Blade / Dimirtri / Momi developed those kites with light wind free-style in mind - a family size company targetting such a small market - those who un-hook - for their only LW kite in the line up ? does not make much sense
All I know of Momi is that there are not many people on this planet who would be less likely just "ending up" with a certain kite design. :rollgrin:

So if the FL is a great freestyle kite, it's most certainly not due to a coincidence, but to his skills.

(just look at his track record: blade may be a family company, but they were (and still are) leading edge with the trigger as a fantastic 3 strut allround kite, and with the Fat Lady, that finally brought back the fun to lightwind kiting).

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Tiago1973 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am

mede wrote:
Tiago1973 wrote: don´t buy that Blade / Dimirtri / Momi developed those kites with light wind free-style in mind - a family size company targetting such a small market - those who un-hook - for their only LW kite in the line up ? does not make much sense
All I know of Momi is that there are not many people on this planet who would be less likely just "ending up" with a certain kite design. :rollgrin:

So if the FL is a great freestyle kite, it's most certainly not due to a coincidence, but to his skills.

(just look at his track record: blade may be a family company, but they were (and still are) leading edge with the trigger as a fantastic 3 strut allround kite, and with the Fat Lady, that finally brought back the fun to lightwind kiting).
i like the trigger for what it is, but would not call it ´leading edge´. far from it

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello Tiago1973 and sorry it took me so long getting this videos to you, but I was busy kiting and taking care of our epic customers.
So here are some videos I was able to download for you.
thanks

i´ve already saw most of them - for the most part is just people going going back and forth in LW, some surface kite loops (but no really kite loops), zero un-hook stuff, etc. Just don´t think it´s targeting the right audience for the kite

was thinking about something more alike as the ride we see in your union island video, or some other that your team rider put together for the judge. but with the infinity in LW conditions

but it´s just opinion :-)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:19 pm

thanks
i´ve already saw most of them - for the most part is just people going going back and forth in LW, some surface kite loops (but no really kite loops), zero un-hook stuff, etc. Just don´t think it´s targeting the right audience for the kite
was thinking about something more alike as the ride we see in your union island video, or some other that your team rider put together for the judge. but with the infinity in LW conditions
Yes Tiago1973 that will be great to have videos of people doing crazy stuff on the INFINITY like you see on my personal videos, but again most riders that are testing the INFINITY kite are just average riders that don't know how to do these advance tricks. Which goes to show you I am not using team riders to do these testimonials but real riders that I find on the beach. Now if one of these guys is able to do these unhook or more advance tricks even better for the videos.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeh most are really just average joes really.. :D

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Great deal on Ikitesurf if you like lightwind and do not mind pumping a medium @16+? m kite

:pump: http://new.ikitesurf.com/classifieds/84 ... rderby=dsc

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:54 pm

I saw that as well and laughed at his comment about being to lazy to pump the kite up for pics! It is a kite that I am quite happy with and it definitely opens up so many more kitable days. Looking into the sector boards to compliment this kite to actually see what the lowest winds are possible for a 200lb frame.

James

Been a good season so far Michel? Good waves to you brother :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:02 pm

soul19 wrote:
Been a good season so far Michel? Good waves to you brother :thumb:
Yes James...i made my numbers already this month (20 days out) and today looks fun too at 5pm
For the year i am at 77 days......yoooooooohooooooooo :cheers:

Yes i laughed also at the guy's comment because i really like LW a lot & pumping my huge blimp :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:11 am

This is just to give you an idea of what's coming for the V4 INFINITY.

This picture says it all. Testing the INFINITY V4 prototype kite and OXYGEN twin tip board against a big foil kite and a race board.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 10.04.20 PM.png
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”