Forum for kitesurfers
Longwave
Rare Poster
Local Beach: PnP
Favorite Beaches: Les Landes...
Style: surf
Gear: RRD Religion 7m Switch Method V2 9m and 11m
RRD Obsession 9m and 12m Blade Trigger 10m
RRD Addiction 14m etc... and kitesurfboards (F-One fish 5'2", Underground 5'8", surfboards and a North nugget)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Strutless kite RRD

Postby Longwave » Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

I quite agree with Bri about R&D refining existing gear. RRD flagship is the Obsession and on the 2014 model they made another fun free ride kite with bright colours. BUT they forgot to check one detail before production:
Drop the kite in the water. The kite is in front of you LE down and for any reason you want to flag the kite. You can't ! Releasing the chicken loop won't work! The bar goes but the kite stay in position with power. NOT good! I know I already mentioned that in another post but now ! :cry:

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Strutless kite RRD

Postby ronnie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

It seems to relaunch well in small waves that might be putting water behind the leading edge. Doesn't sit flat on the beach like a Cloud does. He put a little sand on it for the self-launch.

You would think there must be a better technique for self-landing it, but he is a team rider.

Return to “Kitesurfing”