All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: North new kite Juice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:46 am 
Medium Poster

Hi everyone i 've seen this this morning and i haven't seen a threat about it...could be like a 2011 dyno?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: North new kite JUICE
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Well it seems that's the target.

Two things, 3 struts, and a smaller leading edge....mmmmm

I wonder if Toby has had any input into this kite? I bet some money he would have... :D

I'm reservedly bloody excited about this thanks for posting ...time to make some discrete enquiries.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

:-)

Well, I might have 2 like new Naish Drafts in 17 and 14 for sale :-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The only piece missing in this puzzle is a fifth line. Kites in these sizes with so little struts and need for narrow leading edge just scream for a bridle at the end of a fifth to get the most "Juice" out of this package in my view.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:37 pm 
Rare Poster

Dyno.........edge
Juice..........zephyr
.?

Looks like a real nice kite.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

marlboroughman wrote:
The only piece missing in this puzzle is a fifth line. Kites in these sizes with so little struts and need for narrow leading edge just scream for a bridle at the end of a fifth to get the most "Juice" out of this package in my view.

Yes the bar is the next big question and will it allow a micro loop again. I'd also predict this may be the case.

Zephyr.. For Airstyle, hope not want to keep my shoulders intact in higher winds thanks.

Post subject: Re: North new kite Juice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

That's the thing some people will use it for light wind some for Airstyle. When one uses it for Airstyle it will most likely be overpowered scenario and that's where the kite would benefit from the fifth to make the whole thing stable especially in these sizes and in 3 strut small LE configuration also fifth gives you the most forward tow point so the fronts have the leverage to keep the bar pressure low.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:16 pm 
Medium Poster

Westozzy wrote:
Yes the bar is the next big question and will it allow a micro loop again. I'd also predict this may be the case.

Don't hold your breath.

It looks like they are making a light wind non race kite, not an airstyle kite, IMO.

*edit* After looking at this on a computer screen instead of a phone screen I'm skeptical of this. The design and graphics layout doesn't have the same rules applied to it as other kites (horizontally oriented size, North logo is inconsistent size and rotation, type choice). The aggressive image compression and type also isn't very North. And with a company such as North that pays a lot of attention to design of their products this is odd. Also the naming doesn't really fit into their more masculine naming scheme. Although my gf thought it might be along with the type choice might to be along the lines of a lighter more flowly/ feminine feel to it.

Last edited by NorCalNomad on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 pm 
Frequent Poster

Having a look as aspect ratios, this one looks like the highest in the north lineup, but maybe with a tighter arc than the Dyno. Looks to me like a higher aspect, lightly built Fuse shape.
Juice 5.3
Dyno 5.2
2013 Fuse 5.0 (varied a little with size)
2014 Evo 4.8 (varies a little with size)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

Guys, have fun speculating about it :-)

But maybe just chill out and wait for an official release note...

Maybe it was just an accidential leak - and it will take a bit longer till it really comes on the market...

Anyhow, a 15m and an 18m (with 30 and 24m lines) sounds a bit familiar, and so does the wording in that slipped pdf... :-)

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next