Gear: Kahoona V6+ 5.5, 7.5, 9.5
Liquid Force Solo V3 15.5
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Essaouira Sept. 14

Postby robisibo » Tue May 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going for the first time to Essaouia in th beginning of September.

I have a V3 9.5 and 13.5.. I guess the 13.5 I could leave at home, from what I heard.

Does anyone know how the conditions are in the beginning of September? How many knots should I excpect?
And any tip about material rental? Just in case my 9.5 turns out to be to big for the conditions.
I checked the rental offers online but the prices very high.

Any tip ist very welcome!

Ciao :)

DJwilson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South coast UK
Favorite Beaches: Nappeague, USA
Paros, GREECE
Wissand, FRANCE
Alvor, PORTUGAL
Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards

Re: Essaouira Sept. 14

Postby DJwilson » Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Might be dropping off a little by then, at least in consistency on a day-to-day basis. When it blows there it blows hard though - was there for a week last august and was on 7m + 5.5m kite 5/7days. Pretty punchy, gusty, monster of a wind there. Kite beach just down from the bay is a great spot - you can downwind there from the bay, but you'll need to be picked up by a 4x4 or you have a very long walk back to the road. Sidi kaoki further south good for waves but can be a little offshore. Leave the 13m, take your small kites and a SB. Enjoy

robisibo
Rare Poster
Gear: Kahoona V6+ 5.5, 7.5, 9.5
Liquid Force Solo V3 15.5

Re: Essaouira Sept. 14

Postby robisibo » Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks!

f*** was hoping wind might be softer in september.. Was hoping for max 30 Knods.

Return to “Kitesurfing”