*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:49 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Bath, UK
Shinn Dundee
Shinn Speedball v1 (v2 is meant to be better)
Shinn Turbo (Dundee replacement)

I have owned the Dundee and speedball v1, both are pretty good in the waves.
Have Turbo on demo, had one go on it so far, in waist to chest high waves. Pretty damn good so far

I also ride SB


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:41 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 5795
Location: Denmark
SonnyRider wrote:
Shinn Dundee
Shinn Speedball v1 (v2 is meant to be better)
Shinn Turbo (Dundee replacement)

I have owned the Dundee and speedball v1, both are pretty good in the waves.
Have Turbo on demo, had one go on it so far, in waist to chest high waves. Pretty damn good so far

I also ride SB


What is SB ?

SwitchBlade (most common short used on this forum) ?
Or SurfBoard ?

Can be great fun to spray waves on a TT yes :naughty:

8) Peter


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Bath, UK
Peter_Frank wrote:
SonnyRider wrote:
Shinn Dundee
Shinn Speedball v1 (v2 is meant to be better)
Shinn Turbo (Dundee replacement)

I have owned the Dundee and speedball v1, both are pretty good in the waves.
Have Turbo on demo, had one go on it so far, in waist to chest high waves. Pretty damn good so far

I also ride SB


What is SB ?

SwitchBlade (most common short used on this forum) ?
Or SurfBoard ?

Can be great fun to spray waves on a TT yes :naughty:

8) Peter


Surfboard :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2706
Does Bob Marley have a favorite TT to always ride frontside unhooked with :?:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:08 pm
Posts: 47
Check this! Make your own.


Attachments:
File comment: Make your own. This board is 3/8 Baltic birch ply with 2" carbon stinger for perfect flex/stiffness. No fiberglass just 2 coats epoxy. 5'x 42cm. Cost me less than $70 in material.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.41 MIB | Viewed 500 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:00 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Posts: 1799
SupaEZ wrote:
Does Bob Marley have a favorite TT to always ride frontside unhooked with :?:


AHHhh come-On Dude , you ride more days in the ocean than most
every kiter on this forum ;
is that the Best advise you can come up with ? :D

Bille


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2706
Bille wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:
Does Bob Marley have a favorite TT to always ride frontside unhooked with :?:


AHHhh come-On Dude , you ride more days in the ocean than most
every kiter on this forum ;
is that the Best advise you can come up with ? :D

Bille


:lol: :lol: :lol: That's great Bille
I was trying to get Bob out of hiding
Got no advice myself
I am fully out of the loop with TT's
BTW today looks good again with our SE 15mph to make it #98 for the year
Wanna place your usual bet to see if i will kite all the remaining days in May to make it 100

P.S. Always very nice to hear from you :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:08 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Location: The Naki
decay wrote:
2014 Cabrinha Tronic 145, loves to carve tight turns, plenty of grip with 55mm fins. Was designed to love high wind, waves and chop.

Cheers DK


Hey decay,

That looks a lot like my trusty old katana that I learnt on!.... except not as cool as those Paua inlayed clear railed versions....hehe mmmmmm


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:21 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Posts: 423
I pulled the trigger on a 2013 Tronic 144 wide. Got a great deal and from all the info I could dig up sounds like it should do the job nicely. Speedball and Mako also looked good .

Thanks for the your suggestions.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Whats your favorite TT to take into the waves ?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Location: The Naki
matth wrote:
I pulled the trigger on a 2013 Tronic 144 wide. Got a great deal and from all the info I could dig up sounds like it should do the job nicely. Speedball and Mako also looked good .

Thanks for the your suggestions.


Let us know how it rides. It looks the goods.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], fredmendes, Google Feedfetcher, JAW and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group