All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Slingshot Rally 2014
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
Medium Poster

Has there been a definitive thread about this years Rally, if so can someone point me at it? It seems to be getting good reviews in the mags I've seen.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Rally 2014
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 am 
Rare Poster

I'm favorably impressed so far with my 10m 2014 Rally. It's much more responsive than my 10m 2012 Rally, and boosts and loops much better without as much wingtip flex or flutter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

It's a very solid kite. Refined over prior years, very smooth at the bar, doesn't surge in gusts, relaunches easily, reliable.
Only criticism, in waves, is that the 14 is quite a bit slower than the 2012. It's perfect in flat water though and the 10M and smaller have perfect turning speeds. Detailed review here, but for the most part I think you would be happy with the kite. Depending on your weight, you'd be choosing between the 12 and 14 as your large kites, both have excellent low end.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 pm 
Frequent Poster

What is the Rally´s upwind abillity 2013 vs 2014 ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 am 
Frequent Poster

When put on the same steering line attachment it should be the same (same kite). When the steering lines are attached more to the trailing edge it should be able to ride upwind even better, but if you will notice this in reality, I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

magic%20Ed wrote:
When put on the same steering line attachment it should be the same (same kite). When the steering lines are attached more to the trailing edge it should be able to ride upwind even better, but if you will notice this in reality, I don't know.

Not the same kite at all!
It's a whole new panel layout, much more solid canopy.
It rocks upwind just fine BTW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm 
Medium Poster

magic%20Ed wrote:
... When the steering lines are attached more to the trailing edge it should be able to ride upwind even better...

why would that be? if it had different attachment points for the frontlines i would agree, but by changing the steering line attachment points? am i missing something here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

ulx wrote:
why would that be? if it had different attachment points for the frontlines i would agree, but by changing the steering line attachment points? am i missing something here?

Actually you are right, but having the attachment points a bit more to the trailing edge lowers the bar pressure but increases the sensitivity and turning speed, hence creating apparent wind and finding the ideale kite-angle a bit easier.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

Fatfish98 wrote:
Not the same kite at all!
It's a whole new panel layout, much more solid canopy.
It rocks upwind just fine BTW

Well, for me they feel the same as the 2013 kites, different panel layout or not. And when compared uninflated, the look also the same, besides the panel layout. But the LE is about the same size (did not measure exactly) the struts are at the same spot, the TE looks the same, only the extra steering line attachments are an obvious change.

But again, most important, they fly the same (and fly good).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 am 
Rare Poster

I find the rally to be fast turning and very easily relaunchable. You can almost relaunch it from anywhere since the wing tips are so pointed, it doesnt need to get to the edge of the wind window. Great all around kite with great pop and easy maneuverability.

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next