All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kite Schools in Poland and Croatia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:05 pm 
Rare Poster

So in August I'll be hitting up Europe, mainly Poland and Croatia as far as kiting is concerned.

In Poland I'll be in the Gdansk area which is a coastal city. There are some schools out on the Hel Peninsula that I've found in some Google searches but I'm concerned with travel as it's further out from the big cities. I may be able to make a 1-2 day trip away from the city depending on my girlfriends work schedule giving me alone time to hit up the area for any schools. . once she flies in I'll be limited to 2-3 hr sessions as I'll be occupied :)

As for Croatia I'm trying to find a school that's not in a tourist trap area on the coast. We haven't booked a hotel yet but we definitely don't want to be stuck with a bunch of people and go somewhere more isolated.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kite Schools in Poland and Croatia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I heard Hel is heaven!
For sure try to get there. I am sure there are several people driving there for the weekend from the big cities. The school could connect you to them, just ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 am 
Frequent Poster

I'll be in Croatia from August, heading mostly to Viganj, Peljesac peninsula or Neretva river mouth.

Might hop to Bol on Brac island as well. The cost to go any island is a bit high with a car. Hence going south, maybe even to Budva in Monte Negro, who knows:) Will be awesome.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/YellowCat-Kiteboarding-School/125896020758560?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/WaterDonkey

Never been to Poland but recon it's cold as. I've been told Viganj is colder than ie Neretva river. No turists on Neretva, flat water, a huge inlet. Near the city of Ploce and not too far from Dubrovnik.
Viganj is near town of Korcula (Korcula island), Marco Polo's birth place, huge in culture over summer...
See u there...

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am 
Rare Poster

Hi there is one kitesurfschool in Omiš,Croatia,near Split.
Beautifull place,every day wind between 2pm and 5pm,about 12-20 knots.
If you need some more information,there is contact:
fr.kitesurfschool@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 am 
Frequent Poster

Frane,

Omis looks nice. Can you kite behind the sea wall ? Where do you launch and land ? Which beach? Is it cross shore or on-shore?

I'm not sure if this area is good for a novice kiter though. Neretva would be the best as shallow, flat and huge. No crowded beaches or anything. The nearest airport would be Dubrovnik.

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:00 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for the replies!
I found a friend who actually has a place in Gdynia which has ferry and train access to Hel, so I lucked out there. Going to get about 4 days in over there!

Thanks for the Croatia info, I'll "nudge" :lol: the lady commander in direction of one of those places..

What kind of wet suits are you going to be using out there in August? Will a 3/2 suit be enough? for any cold summer water?

I hope that after 4 days of running around doing lessons and hopefully grab a rental? Can I also grab a rental or assisted surfing out in Croatia?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 pm 
Frequent Poster

Duno about the wet suit, I do not see anyone using it on the above links and in August water might be even warmer...North Sea and Adriatic are not comparable:) But take some shoes for a sea urchin.
Rentals for sure are an option, maybe ask them on a fb...Ether way, good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 pm 
Rare Poster

Bananaway runs kiteschool in Croatia. Send them email for lessons or rental.

[ 8 posts ]