Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What the deal with Core ?

Postby awo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:20 pm

I am an intermediate rider and have a 7 and a 15 core besides a 9 naish, 12 rrd, 21 flysurfer. The core feels good to me, their bars are confortable, I have no issues with the QR, and the valve for me is the best and very robust.I am planning to buy more kites from them.

Guttorm
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Favorite Beaches: El Medano, Sardinia, Rædergården, Trones, Leksdalsvatnet
Gear: Ozone R1 v4 18
Ozone Edge 17 & 19
Core XR4 11 13.5
Core XR3 9
Core Choice 3
Slingshot Glide LW
Core SLC foilboard

Postby Guttorm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Pulleys, well some say that a perfect kite dont have them, but when the kite is turning a good kite without pulleys do not feel as smooth and even trough the turn as a similar good kite with working pulleys on the right places. My XR3 15 LW with pulleys turns super smooth. I like it alot.
:thumb:

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Faxie wrote:
robertovillate wrote:
flysurfing wrote:Hello All,

.... but personally i found their design absolutely terrible, but this is a personal preference.

Cheers
Just curious...what do you mean ...that their "design (is) absolutely terrible"?
Ugly I think :P
haha yeah....that's what i thought he meant, because as many people have mentioned (beginners and experts) that the Core kites are great kites as are the bars. It's pretty funny how some people think a kite with multiple color choices, "cool" graphics skulls and crossbones and naked girls riding fire breathing dragons...blah blah is better...or makes them look (or feel?) cool, and like someone else said, they probably can't ride for shit anyway (otherwise they might say something more intelligent instead of coming on acting like they know what they are talking about?...and have no clue)...so yeah i suppose they might at least wanna look badass (or something?)...happens with lots of other sports i reckon...got to laugh i guess.

Rotule
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL

Postby Rotule » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:31 am

I love the ride and I love the look of them too. (I can't wait to put my hand on a new GTS3 to try it)

They look professional and well engineered (so that reflect what they are)

I'm sure that If Nasa would design a Kite the graphics would look like this :P

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:37 am

the market is big enough that you can have your cake and eat it too. I personally think my kite can perform every bit as well if not better than almost every other kite out there and it just happens to look bad ass too. There is no question, having the sweetest looking kit at the launch is cool, and cool is cool.

Core have kind of counted themselves out of that category with their one design fits all approach. Whatever. If their kites had won a million PKRA or wave or king of the air events it might not matter, but they don't have that kind of lineage.
Last edited by Starsky on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am

Kite performance not graphics is what determines my choice in kites. Also I dont really care if the kites won PKRA or not if it flies how I like and is built to last this is the ticket for me. Never bought a kite because it was coolest at the kite spot but hey to each his own.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 am

oh I bought it for performance above all else, but there is no question, the look and appeal of the kite and its bar are appreciated every time I pull it out of the bag. Having owned quite a few kites over the years, there is something very satisfying about having one you like all aspects of instead of justifying less than appealing graphic design by convincing yourself you couldn't find one that both performs and looks to your taste.

I wouldn't buy a car I didn't like the look of, a house I didn't like the look of, marry a woman I didn't like the look of so my gear is no different. The only real way I can let go of the visual appeal is if firstly it performs to my expectation and it happens to come at an exceptional deal, and like I said, if your patient, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Im not saying Ive never had a less than stunning kite. I certainly have, and they came cheap. Im just saying that my favourites had both performance and visual appeal. You may not care much what your kite looks like, but its a major factor in the marketplace and always will be. If a company wants to keep it simple and go with one design fits all, I think BWS and wainman have the right idea.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:30 am

I owned best, cabs, fone, etc... last year I was riding B6 and even though I really liked them , they didn't have as much range as cabs or core. I liked cabs in the really small size but even the smaller one had too much bar pressure for my taste and also way too slow.

what i really find funny though is when people rate a kite according to pkra standard. Like everyone here has the talent to compete on the circuit. A bit like people owning zx6r or zx10 bikes but the rear tire has about 2 inches of untouch rubber on the side. Even though i love race bike on a day to day ride they are painful.

C kites are making a comeback because they look cool. A lot of people would have a lot more fun riding kites that suit their levels instead of riding kites that they think look really cool.

Why is Core selling a lot, just maybe because they are well built, they have a lot of range, great lift but the most fun part for me is the glide, the hangtime is really awesome. Bar pressure is just perfect, i can ride for hours. The xr3 are great crossover kites and this is what most riders do. Ranging from freeride, big air, downloop, occasionnal kl, etc...

Not everyone is looking for hardcore megaloop material. Neither they are all looking for dedicated wave kite or race kite etc...

And yes beginners do like them for the reason enumerated earlier. I see some pretty good riders riding core also.

Best thing is to try for yourself.

Jules

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:49 am

As mentioned by Jules, try by yourself. Around here, very little of these kites are used by complete biginners, they are actually used by pretty good riders actually. Now this is subjective as there is no one from here on the circuit so the the level is good but not great. And lately so many people have moved to surfboards, it's insane. Especially that we ride on lakes ... As for quality, Core are good summer kites for winter I have my reservations...color? They simply look bad and the GTS3 is a clear winner of dull design. I want colors so my quiver is now RPMs and Nobile... Colors, colors, colors.

Just to reply to Jules, I realized that Cs have a totally different power delivery... And that is what is making me move forward in my kiting. Nothing to do with the PKRA. Some will argue that bridled Cs are not Cs, I don't care, the Cs on the market right now are what I needed...

So try Cores, I rode the XR3 for 3 months last summer, good kites, I moved to totally different type of wings now.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:09 am

Another plus of Core is the after sale service. When I bought my first XR, after about 18 months I had an issue with the bar: while I was riding, the QR activated by itself. I simply recovered and relaunched. After a few minutes, again the QR released. I was pretty sure I did not activate it, so back on the beach I tried in any way to simulate the problem but nope, it was working correctly. I decided to write to Core, just to understand their opinion (note that the kite was 6 months older than the warranty time). The answer was: "We are sending at our expenses a courier tomorrow to fetch your bar and we are going to check it". Tuesday morning the courier came. Wednesday they wrote me "we think the QR spring is defective, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We are going to change it. We are sending the bar back to you tomorrow". Friday morning I had my bar back in my office, and all for free, well after the warranty time!!
That's the deal with Core: you get a superb product, well built, with top performance for its purpose (it's a cross, not a dedicated kite) and with the best after sale service I ever encountered in my life. Maybe you prefer colours, your choice...
Not affiliated, I repeat.

Return to “Kitesurfing”