All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: What the deal with Core ?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:02 pm 
Rare Poster

I have the Riot XR3 12 m. Works very well for me. I am not a beginner--kiting for 12 years now. Not a megalooper either, though! I got the kite on the recommendation of a school. Since there are so many brands out there and they are all based on a very similar design, it didn't make much difference to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:50 pm 
Medium Poster

I have a theory about the core kites and beginners as I am one. I feel they are easy to use, and much safer than other kites I tried(german built;). Other than that, they do stick out like a sore thumb so thats why you notice the rookies on them more!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:14 pm 
Medium Poster

Well built, among the best. Only available in white/yellow.

But I really don't like the bar, with the auto-swivel and the new completely unnecessary and overcomplicated safety system. And a twist QR is very nice when you're unhooking, not. :rollgrin:

Way too expensive as well for what you're getting. But you're premium or not offcourse. :rollgrin:

In the Netherlands they're mostly asociated with 'Germans with s-h-i-t for brains'. (Cabrinha's as well, but not as much as Core)

And the new GTS3 is a step back in my opinion... bridle pulley's and canopy battens? ... Those are used to cover up bad design if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Faxie wrote:
...And the new GTS3 is a step back in my opinion... bridle pulley's and canopy battens? ... Those are used to cover up bad design if you ask me.

in that case you need whole lot of pulleys and battens to cover up switch kites ... design...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

flysurfing wrote:
Hello All,

.... but personally i found their design absolutely terrible, but this is a personal preference.

Cheers

Just curious...what do you mean ...that their "design (is) absolutely terrible"?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:00 pm 
Medium Poster

eree wrote:
Faxie wrote:
...And the new GTS3 is a step back in my opinion... bridle pulley's and canopy battens? ... Those are used to cover up bad design if you ask me.

in that case you need whole lot of pulleys and battens to cover up switch kites ... design...

I'm aware of your opinion. And the rest of the people on this forum as well. :rollgrin:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:06 pm 
Medium Poster

robertovillate wrote:
flysurfing wrote:
Hello All,

.... but personally i found their design absolutely terrible, but this is a personal preference.

Cheers

Just curious...what do you mean ...that their "design (is) absolutely terrible"?

Ugly I think :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm 
Rare Poster

I live in Germany, and yes they are very popular over here….expensive too, it is impossible to go kiting without seeing the yellow - white kites in the sky. They seem to be really ok, a few friends have them with not quality issues at all. I personly think all kites over 500 euro are too expensive thats why i stick to the second market and stay with brands like takoon, Gaastra, airush and slingshot (older models). Would try a core but the prices are like BMW they stay high…..As long as the beaches are not just yellow and white I'm happy…after all there are more colors in the rainbow…. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

From my limited experience with XR3 I was rather impressed with the quality of these kites. No current kite company on market, besides - perhaps - Cabrinha, can match it. Flying-wise, it was - what I would call - a perfect Cabrinha without, however, being anything more. A good, solid, average kite for an average Joe who doesn't have enough imaginations/balls to go exploring other brands.

The only con I could speak of - is the inflation valve. Although it is probably the simplest and the most robust one across the industry to this day, a separate (attached by a piece of rope) part that you have to plug in the valve to deflate the kite... well... there's a certain lack of elegance... for a German - made product... if you see what I mean?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Stupid post try their kites before you talk bad about them, guy probably can't even kite. They make great products.

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next