All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football vs Kitesurf
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:46 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't understand why anybody cares about commercial team sports in general.

You don't get to play the game. You don't know any of the players personally. You had no hand in the training or the selection of the players. It's got nothing in the slightest to do with any of you.

It's a bunch of multimillionaires running around on a field doing not much of anything. It's not even all that entertaining. They're doodling around with a ball.

It doesn't have much to do with your country either. The players all play professionally on teams in almost any country other than the land of their birth. Every few years they get divided up on some fairly arbitrary regional boundaries and suddenly it's called a world cup.

What's the attraction?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Yep I'd have to agree with you.

BUT, always good to see any human doing what they do best and the top of their game

And

Lighten up, it all means squat in the end.

Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:48 pm 
Frequent Poster

Bille wrote:
@ sijandy

Your trying to make this a USA vs the world thing ,
and i'm not trying to be cynical ; just pointing out a fact :

Poverty stricken arias World-wide , (including the USA)
seem to have an increase in crime rates, along with a higher
incarceration rate and lower education level. The lower education rate in
of itself, seems to correlate to a higher crime rate for any given demographic .
How is that helping society ?

Bille

Ha, no not really. Was just pulling your chain.

Bille wrote:
As for Football vs Kitesurf :
There's a Lot more money in soccer, and a Lot of people like that game, but i'd
rather be flying a kite. Bille

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 pm 
Rare Poster

OzBungy wrote:
I don't understand why anybody cares about commercial team sports in general.

You don't get to play the game. You don't know any of the players personally. You had no hand in the training or the selection of the players. It's got nothing in the slightest to do with any of you.

It's a bunch of multimillionaires running around on a field doing not much of anything. It's not even all that entertaining. They're doodling around with a ball.

It doesn't have much to do with your country either. The players all play professionally on teams in almost any country other than the land of their birth. Every few years they get divided up on some fairly arbitrary regional boundaries and suddenly it's called a world cup.

What's the attraction?

Clearly, football is not for you, as you don't understand it in any way. But there are billons of people out there who play it, feel it and love it as the most popular and beautiful sport in the world, so let it be. Keep kiting and stay clear of football. I will keep doing both.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

MarianoMoll wrote:
OzBungy wrote:

Clearly, football is not for you, as you don't understand it in any way. But there are billons of people out there who play it, feel it and love it as the most popular and beautiful sport in the world, so let it be. Keep kiting and stay clear of football. I will keep doing both.

well Mariano, if you are trying to talk on behalf of the billions you are most certainly being wrong.
may be they play occasionally but they are certainly not "billions" of world cup fans.

in every country in the world there is a strong group of football(or soccer) followers. usually it is not even big enough to fill the nations all biggest stadiums. but since the football is the big business and often a opportunity for a money laundry it accompanies with the huge publicity.

i personally don't give a rats behind about the football, but i can play with the friends occasionally without the all kind of stupid rules as long as the ball enters the gates.

but think about this for a minute: how come the nations which pay the most to the foreign recruits usually don't win the world cup? england? spain?
another issue - the more players of the one certain team are wasting time on their hair doos and the tattoos the worst are their performance?

what a clowns...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:21 pm 
Frequent Poster

eree wrote:
well Mariano, if you are trying to talk on behalf of the billions you are most certainly being wrong.
may be they play occasionally but they are certainly not "billions" of world cup fans.

Obviously... when he said "billions" he clearly just meant "a lot".

eree wrote:
in every country in the world there is a strong group of football(or soccer) followers. usually it is not even big enough to fill the nations all biggest stadiums.

It clearly is, it's just not all of them can afford tickets thus why not all stadiums are at full capacity all of the time.

eree wrote:
but think about this for a minute: how come the nations which pay the most to the foreign recruits usually don't win the world cup? england? spain?

Errm... probably because they have filled their respective leagues with 'foreign recruits' to the detrement of their domestic players - whats your point?? Secondly, Spain... you couldn't have picked a worse example, previous world cup winners and current european champions.
eree wrote:
another issue - the more players of the one certain team are wasting time on their hair doos and the tattoos the worst are their performance?

Ronaldo looks like he spends every waking minute in front of the mirror when he's not on the pitch and he's the current holder of the ballon'dor.
eree wrote:
what a clowns...

I've never seen a clown step out of Ferrari with Shakira on his arm before. C***s would be a better word.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 pm 
Rare Poster

sijandy wrote:
eree wrote:

Obviously... when he said "billions" he clearly just meant "a lot".

Yes, I meant 'a lot' :)
But maybe I'm not too far. Just think in the hundred of millons of people who lives in South America and Europe only, where football is more popular, and that would give an idea of the number. Brazil let alone has 200 millions habitants, and very few people there is indifferent to football.
I'm talking of anyone who in a way or another enjoys football. Name it playing, watching, betting, partying.

sijandy wrote:
eree wrote:
in every country in the world there is a strong group of football(or soccer) followers. usually it is not even big enough to fill the nations all biggest stadiums.

It clearly is, it's just not all of them can afford tickets thus why not all stadiums are at full capacity all of the time.

They fill them with no problem. On the good matches, it's impossible to get tickets, even though they're very expensive.

sijandy wrote:
eree wrote:

Errm... probably because they have filled their respective leagues with 'foreign recruits' to the detrement of their domestic players - whats your point?? Secondly, Spain... you couldn't have picked a worse example, previous world cup winners and current european champions.

Exactly. So what? They love football, they have money, so they buy the best players to play in their leagues. It's a free market.
If they could buy the best players to play for their national teams, they would do it no doubt, but FIFA regulates that.

sijandy wrote:

Look, race or origin are not important. And that's one of the beauties of football. It crosses all kind of borders.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

MarianoMoll wrote:
... But there are billons of people out there who play it, ....

I would understand it if that were true. But it's not. The vast majority of people who love football and all the other team/ball sports don't actually play them. They might watch it, and talk about it, and babble on about the personal failings and attributes of various players, but they don't actually play the game.

Some probably did play the game when they were kids at school, but I suspect that happens because team ball games are the most efficient way of getting a lot of kids to be active all at once. In richer countries it is also part of a deliberate program to breed a new generation of customers for those businesses.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

OzBungy wrote:
MarianoMoll wrote:
... But there are billons of people out there who play it, ....

I would understand it if that were true. But it's not. The vast majority of people who love football and all the other team/ball sports don't actually play them. They might watch it, and talk about it, and babble on about the personal failings and attributes of various players, but they don't actually play the game.

Some probably did play the game when they were kids at school, but I suspect that happens because team ball games are the most efficient way of getting a lot of kids to be active all at once. In richer countries it is also part of a deliberate program to breed a new generation of customers for those businesses.

You have know idea what you're on about haha... and even if you did i'm still not sure what you're trying to get at with all these bullshit points.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:53 pm 
Medium Poster

Lose the righteous crap.
Why do people feel such a need to feel so superior? Some people kite, some play football, some watch football, some watch kites, some play video games.

Some of you might do well asking yourself just why you care what others do or like.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next