All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Fitness and conditioning for kiting?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:30 am 
Frequent Poster

[quote="Larse"]I have a book. It's the ABC of fascia and training. Muscle chains/nerve parhways. I can't remember the author and I can't find the book... I'll look for it...[/qu
I am reading t.myers third edition.very interesting ,should be a must for all involved in this problem.
I met an old man working on these" trains" releasing all tender points with hard, deep and painful massage.
he was continuosly telling me;releasing all tender points that compress artery an vein which take away lactic acid "you will not feel tired after few hours" going out from session....
thought it was impossible.....ok I listen to you but can not be ..I am getting older
from 2001 have been almost completely" broken and cooked" after windy days.
still cannot believe, since march when he finished massage series and apparently I have all released I do not feel fatigue anymore after few hours.
chinese point of wiev and tecnique......age sucks.....western orthopaedics sucks.....
mistral 25 35 since one week ...going every day ....lucky july...today too.tomorrow also....5 6 and 7 mt.size kite ......wave fear but is another chapter.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 am 
Frequent Poster

Yes age sucks! Believe me, I know ;)

I know a guy from sweden who wrote a book on myofascial release. It's system you can do yourself at home with rollers and some other cheap stuff. He wrote it in swedish, but there are probably some other books out there on the subject.

But you're right. Many haven't realized the importans of fascia on both training and flexibility. And rehab...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm about your age and my sports are also kiting, skiing, and one more, running. What works for me in skiing and running is setting goals and learning how to work towards them over time. In skiing I've been setting a goal for vertical feet each season - finally went over 2 million this last season averaging over 50k a day. In running, I used to do 8 miles a day but found better results with shorter but much higher pace and track speed intervals with a club I joined. (If you ever want inspiration join a track club, there are older guys than us that run faster!)

I kite only on vacation, but find I go longer towards the end of a trip as technique improves. There's also the safety and minor injury stuff that can take you out - almost like getting a speeding ticket can slow you down driving too fast. In skiing, frostbite, and now waiting out some other injuries and healing. Equipment also helps once you figure out what works, maybe a different board like a foil board.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:58 pm 
Rare Poster

I just take it as a given that regardless of your sport or whether you are inactive/active that good nutrition and adequate water intake are taken care of, Precision Nutrition http://www.precisionnutrition.com have in depth guides on this.

Also, myofacial release should be part of your daily routine pre and post kiting/training to release the tension built up. http://www.mobilitywod.com/ have lots of free videos with cheap tools you can use or just get a really good masseuse that lives with you:)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:53 pm 
Frequent Poster

Starsky wrote:
sijandy wrote:
10 malboro lights n a big mac does the trick for me! :)

Marlboro lights, pffffft. Lose the filter like a real man.

Ha off course, rollies all the way but didn't have the same ring to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

finally, back OT

All this anatomy trains and Vlad Janda jibber jabber, have another sip of vitamin water and don't forget to stretch business is given me a cramp.

You wanna kite like a supple leopard? Its all about the alchemy of a barley lunch pure stoke and hot boxing the van. Then huck it and don't forget to spot your landing. Those indian clubs,,,, those might help too. Just don't take em to any kind of regatta! Security might take a seriously dim view of those.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:02 pm 
Rare Poster

Dave_5280 wrote:
I'm about your age and my sports are also kiting, skiing, and one more, running. What works for me in skiing and running is setting goals and learning how to work towards them over time. In skiing I've been setting a goal for vertical feet each season - finally went over 2 million this last season averaging over 50k a day. In running, I used to do 8 miles a day but found better results with shorter but much higher pace and track speed intervals with a club I joined. (If you ever want inspiration join a track club, there are older guys than us that run faster!)

I kite only on vacation, but find I go longer towards the end of a trip as technique improves. There's also the safety and minor injury stuff that can take you out - almost like getting a speeding ticket can slow you down driving too fast. In skiing, frostbite, and now waiting out some other injuries and healing. Equipment also helps once you figure out what works, maybe a different board like a foil board.
That kind of vert seems like it can't be anything other than nonstop, high speed groomer cruising from first to last lift. Where do you ski? Frankly, to me, that sounds like a rather strange skiing experience, not at all what I'm interested in. Quite the opposite, in fact. I often don't do much than 3000 ft per day, but it's mostly backcountry. Skin up, ski down, maybe repeat. But it's hard to beat for conditioning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:49 pm 
Frequent Poster

raueda1 wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:

That kind of vert seems like it can't be anything other than nonstop, high speed groomer cruising from first to last lift. Where do you ski? Frankly, to me, that sounds like a rather strange skiing experience, not at all what I'm interested in. Quite the opposite, in fact. I often don't do much than 3000 ft per day, but it's mostly backcountry. Skin up, ski down, maybe repeat. But it's hard to beat for conditioning.

Back country- I guess you're not talking about Hunter :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:59 am 
Rare Poster

[quote=[Dave_5280"]Back country- I guess you're not talking about Hunter :-)[/quote]No, indeed I am not talking about Hunter. I'm speaking of skiing, not an ongoing seasonal clusterfuck. :nono:

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5