Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Ride 14m

Forum for kitesurfers
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Ride 14m

Postby clint2070 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 am

Does anyone have any input on the 14m ride ? How it compares to the Fly ? ect. The only reviews I see are on the smaller sizes. I own the 2014 12m and its got so much power that I'm wondering if the 14m might replace my Fatlady for light wind .

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: Neo
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Ride 14m

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:19 am

I own a 14 meter ride 2014. It is my light wind kite. When is 8 + Knots I can kite on a twin tip 140x41. When is between 5 and 8 I can mow lawn on a SUP. I own 14, 10 and 8 meter ride and will be buying the 12 meter as soon as I can. I also have a 2104 NRG 16 meter and even do it has more power when the winds is 8 knots i prefer to kite with the Ride because it is easier to relaunch and will stay on the air with the wind drops below 8 knots. Yes you can go upwind on the RIDE but if is to light you can hold ground. In the bay there is not much current. When use in the ocean it requires more wind to kite over the waves or current cheers

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks bro. I wonder if its better than the fly. The fly is built on the parks platform which to me even though its a 15m the 14m ride should have more power. Thanks for the input. A lot of kites when they make them bigger they just get too heavy for light wind. I loved my wainman kites (smoke,Mr Green and Punch) but the Boss and Big Mama where horrible ! Too heavy.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

The Fly have tons of power, so i would say more powerful than the 14 Ride.
It better for freestyle in light wind. It´s a totally different kite than Park, so don´t let that affect your choice ;) I would prefer the Fly, I´m on my second Fly now, and loving it! The old one was a beast, but the new one is so reactive and feels like smaller kite on the bar. Relaunch on both is so easy, if you can´t relaunch it it can´t fly ;)

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:34 pm

When you say you have the new Fly,Do you mean the 2nd addition or the one that just came out ? Have you flown the 14m ride ?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 pm

I went with the Ride ! It was tough doing research on these kites. No one seems to have posted much on them. I finally made up my mind this morning and pulled the trigger. Once I get it and use it Ill check back in with my opinion. My 12m ride works in 13-14mph. I don't see how the 14m wouldn't work in 10-13mph.

Mikites
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Petobego sand bar
Gear: Blade trigger and fat lady
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mikites » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 am

Have you tried your yet? I just bought one my self and it flys terribly. It seems to me like the rear lines are way too short. It is impossible to fly without severe backstalling and has zero depower. I would like to hear that its a problem specific to my kite because I really love my other rides.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 am

You just have to add pigtails to the back lines. I thought it was just my kite but i guess it must be a design flaw. I pumped mine up for the first time yesterday and immediately after launch i pulled my bar in and it backed down instantly, I let go of the bar and got lifted off the ground.Once i put 2 pigtails on each back line the kite flies very well. So good that i sold my fat lady last night ! what ever you have to do to make it so when the kite is over your head at 12:00 and you can pull the bar in all the way without the kite back stalling. I have the slingshot pigtails on mine. You can add them directly to the kite if you use the bar on different kites. I plan on using my 57cm bar only on the this kite so i put them on my bar. It was 13-17mph yesterday and when it was 13mph it flew great and when it picked up,others were pumping up smaller kites and I just stayed on it without any problems. I really like this kite so far. Here is the link for the pigtails. Either will work. Tomorrow will be the real test. Our forecast here is for 13mph. An average day here. It also seems to like 28m lines. If you have the Naish extensions,its a must to put them on !
http://www.kitepaddlesurf.com/Liquid-Fo ... 098206.htm
http://www.realwatersports.com/slingsho ... gtails-kit
Last edited by clint2070 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: Neo

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:04 am

hi

you will love the Kite Ride 14 meter. Last Saturday I was kite surfing on my SUP on waves and the winds was 8 to 10 knots. When the wind will dropped a lot the kite will stay on the air.

Mikites
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Petobego sand bar
Gear: Blade trigger and fat lady
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mikites » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 am

Dang! So its not just my kite! I have a ton of 3/16" amsteel, guess I will have to make up some adjustable rear pigtail extensions. From your experiance would you say 8" is a good starting lenght? Regardless of the solution, its pretty bogus of naish to release these kites like this. In my eyes they should really have the correct lenght rear bridle to begin with, and now we can pretty much say all of them must have the wrong rear bridle attachment lines. It really should be up to naish to make this right, and correct it going forward.

Return to “Kitesurfing”